baumer

Daily "ESTIMATES" as we know it might be a thing of the past

People don't realize this, no more updates unless Rth gives us something. He has no obligation to do so. This BS needs to be stopped or 300+ page threads we had for TA's OW or the TDKR thread will be history. :angry:

Exactly.  I'm surprised at some of the blase responses here.  Box office numbers are what fuels this forum.  We like to get em as early as possible.

• Like 2

I think Nikki might still be fine.

Not unless the studios tell her its ok to post them early.  She has no more leverage than anyone else.  She is at the mercy of the studios.

Exactly.  I'm surprised at some of the blase responses here.  Box office numbers are what fuels this forum.  We like to get em as early as possible.

Yeah, people don't realize how much we depend on Nikke. All of the fun and the banter will be over, if we don't get early estimate. Studios need to get their crap together.  :angry:

• Like 1

So we won't get any Weekend numbers until Monday? WTF is this? Studios are crazy or what? This is insane!!!

If that happens, I'll be in a straight jacket.

Wow interesting. Good thing RTH doesn't get his numbers from the studios. I just wonder if they will actively try and seek him out and shut him down. But he is not in the US so they will have a hard time, lol.

• Like 1

So we won't get any Weekend numbers until Monday? WTF is this? Studios are crazy or what? This is insane!!!

Yeah, fortunately we do have Rth and over the last year he has been posting much more so I still expect numbers from our savior. That name would be fitting as he'll lead us out of the morass.  :)

• Like 1

It also means that you can kiss Nikki's Friday threads good-bye.  It is a big deal.

I understand waiting a few extra hours for weekday numbers, but I don't see how this will stop Friday updates from Nikki, Variety, THR, etc. 

• Like 1

It also means that you can kiss Nikki's Friday threads good-bye.  It is a big deal.

This weekend is going to be really fun in that case - the Friday discussion about GU2 vs PR opening day numbers will be just people speculating till Saturday.

Yea, not happy about this.

Do you know what caused this nonsense? We were getting numbers last week and all of a sudden, everything is gone. Thankfully, Rth has data and doesn't rely on studios for number or otherwise we would truly be fucked.  :angry:  :angry:  :angry: