#ED

Wknd Est: DM2 - 44.7M ; GU2 - 42.5M; PR - 38.3M; Heat - 14M; TLR - 11.1M; MU - 10.6M (PG 100)

Catching up on this thread. First movie I remember seeing in theaters was THE BLACK STALLION (still one of my favorites). I was one of the semi-bitter hipsters who didn't watch the TMNT animated series because I had a couple issues of the original, cool Eastman/Laird comics (not to mention, I was a bit too old for it at that point). And Rinko Kikuchi kicked ass -- I thought Mako's story was just great and a real high-water mark for women in genre films this summer.

1979 is the first time you remember seeing a movie in the theater. You are an old motherfucker! :P

• Like 2

PR multipliers from similar movies

The Matrix: 236.3M

Inception: 178.3M

Transformers 1: 173.4M

Now You See Me (up to this point): 147.8M

Super 8: 137.2M

District 9: 118.6M

The Matrix Reloaded: 117.5M

The Matrix Revolutions: 110.1M

Hellboy: 98.5M

Battleship: 98.1M

Prometheus: 94.9M

John Carter: 92.7M

Guessing right between Hellboy and Revolutions.

PR multipliers from similar movies

The Matrix: 236.3M

Inception: 178.3M

Transformers 1: 173.4M

Now You See Me (up to this point): 147.8M

Super 8: 137.2M

District 9: 118.6M

The Matrix Reloaded: 117.5M

The Matrix Revolutions: 110.1M

Hellboy: 98.5M

Battleship: 98.1M

Prometheus: 94.9M

John Carter: 92.7M

You included weekend multipliers from non-Friday releases like TF1 and MR? Not a good comparison.

You included weekend multipliers from non-Friday releases like TF1 and MR? Not a good comparison.

Eh, I just went the films I thought were closest. Yeah, there's issues but I feel like a lot of movies that are similar to PR didn't open on Friday. *shrugs*

I thought Robin Hood was the first film I saw but at rerelease happened in 1982 after Empire and Raiders. So I bet Empire was first film I saw. I do remember my dad saying when he took me to Empire terrified I was of Master Yoda

• Like 1

I wasn't scared of anything in the theater as a kid until they took me to see Ransom. That was fucked up to watch as a kid.

:lol:

I only got to see animation till I was like 6 or 7. Titanic is one of the first live action movies I remember seeing in theaters, Mom covering my eyes and all. :P

• Like 1

I had the Snake Mountain & Castle Grayskull sets ... and all the toys ... BUT, I suffered from a fatal flaw as a child. I had this thing about eating my toys ... mmm, plastic & rubbery toys.  I'll never understand it. Can we get a new Masters of the Universe movie? We get GI Joe, Transformers, etc ... but not the greatest of the 80's. :(

I had that too. And my Masters of the Universe, SW, Tramsformers, GI Joe, Thundercats and M.A.S.K. figures used to have epic battles
  • Like 1

I wasn't scared of anything in the theater as a kid until they took me to see Ransom. That was fucked up to watch as a kid.

I went to see Ransom with a group of friends. One fell asleep almost right away. He wakes up as the movie ends looks at us and says, "that was pretty fucking intense"
  • Like 1

I had that too. And my Masters of the Universe, SW, Tramsformers, GI Joe, Thundercats and M.A.S.K. figures used to have epic battles

Oh shit ... how in the hell did I forget to mention Lion-O & the Thundercats ... I remember sending in a mail order form to get a free Mum-ra action figure due to some other Thundercats purchase.

Thundercats, Thundercats, HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Edited by Adam