#ED

Wknd Est: DM2 - 44.7M ; GU2 - 42.5M; PR - 38.3M; Heat - 14M; TLR - 11.1M; MU - 10.6M (PG 100)

Did MoS get it?

Nope.

Thanks for the backup fish. Missed ya, glad you're back. :)

:wub:

They were terrible.

Thai-ble. I thought he was talking about Thai food but it was actually table. :rofl: He tried to sound like an Aussie (you don't say tayble but tyble but Thai-ble??????? :rofl:)

No WOM will be mixed because that mess of a story/ characters is not gonna fly well with some people. This isn't a franchise film that can afford that and still do well.

What mess of a story? The plot is very straightforward, and after some movies this summer, that feels like a relief. 

• Like 3

It's playing in Lincoln Square. They have the digital and film format so I couldn't tell you which one they're using. They used Digital for IM3.

Have to check but I thought MOS is only recent one along with STID to be available in 15/70 format

• Like 1

What mess of a story? The plot is very straightforward, and after some movies this summer, that feels like a relief. 

Yeah I worded that a bit poorly. The story isn't so much a "mess", but the characters/dialouge sure as hell are. Add that onto a generic story and it feels like a mess.

Have to check but I thought MOS is only recent one along with STID to be available in 15/70 format

How many 70mm film projectors are left? I saw an article saying that within 12-18 months there'll only be about a dozen left.

Yeah I worded that a bit poorly. The story isn't so much a "mess", but the characters/dialouge sure as hell are. Add that onto a generic story and it feels like a mess.

Okay, agree to disagree. I mentioned in the review thread that I felt every character, even the secondary players, had tons of personality. They're archetypal for sure, but very human, and that's what gave the (impeccably crafted) action sequences some weight. 

The only mess are some action in the dark and Day&boyfriend screeching exposition. But it's still very straightforward and easy to follow. Every outcome of messy action is clear so if you missed who punched whom you'll know who won and who didn't.

Edited by fishnets

MoS was shown at Lincoln Square on Digital. It wasn't full 15/70. 

STID was FULL IMAX 3D. THAT WAS AWESOME.

Okay, agree to disagree. I mentioned in the review thread that I felt every character, even the secondary players, had tons of personality. They're archetypal for sure, but very human, and that's what gave the (impeccably crafted) action sequences some weight. 

How did you not cringe at most of that dialouge? Especially between the two scientist dudes? And who was remotely likable besides Elba's character? The Transformers characters had 10x more charm and personality in the first movie than these ones.

Edited by MovieMan89

MoS was shown at Lincoln Square on Digital. It wasn't full 15/70. 

STID was FULL IMAX 3D. THAT WAS AWESOME.

Sure MOS wasn't shown in 15/70 format, it was available (it doesn't mean there had to be scene shot use Imax cameras for that to happen)

How did you not cringe at most of that dialouge? Especially between the two scientist dudes? And who was remotely likable besides Elba's character? The Transformers characters had 10x more charm and personality in the first movie than these ones.

I liked every character. Even that Australian jerk, and especially the scientists. All cheesy, all relatable, all empathetic. And I'll take Hunnam over LaBoeuf any day of the rest of my life. 

• Like 6

I can't tell you one single thing about Megan Fox's character in Transformers. I can't remember anything about anyone in those movies really. I can tell you something about the three main characters in Pacific Rim. It's very simple, but it provided actual stakes for all the principles that get looked over in most movies. Just because they aren't as charming to you, doesn't mean they are bad characters.

I actuyally didn't cringe at the dialog because nobody delivered the lines as if fate of the world depends on it. Eveyrone was on the joke playing not tongue in cheek (save Perlman but that's his schtick, and scientists who were comic relief) but with a wink. Unlike MoS, TDKR where outrageously pretentious dialog that felt like battle of political slogans was uttered with laughable urgency and seriousness.

Edited by fishnets
  • Like 2

I actuyally didn't cringe at the dialog because nobody delivered the lines as if fate of the world depends on it. Eveyrone was on the joke playing not tongue in cheek (save Perlman but that's his schtick, and scientists who were comic relief) but with a wink. Unlike MoS, TDKR where outrageously pretentious dialog that felt like battle of political slogans was uttered with laughable urgency and seriousness.

Exactly. The tone felt as light and fun as The Avengers, but the world felt so well-detailed that the action still had stakes. Great combination for a good summer movie. 

• Like 4