#ED

Wknd Est: DM2 - 44.7M ; GU2 - 42.5M; PR - 38.3M; Heat - 14M; TLR - 11.1M; MU - 10.6M (PG 100)

Don't get me wrong, 14.6 is disappointing. When I first heard 14.5 from Nikki yesterday, I kind of went numb. But as the night progressed and things just got a lot worse with 13.5/12.5s being the numbers. With the estimate now at 14.6, I'm actually kind of happy, for just the reason of it being much better than earlier. 40m is potentially possible. Likely? I don't know but definitely on the table again. If it can get there, or almost at least, I don't think that is too bad all things considered.

$40m aren't on the table.

• Like 1

$40m aren't on the table.

With 14.6? Yeah I think it is. It make be unlikely, but it's definitely on the table.

Edit: After attempting some possible Saturday/Sunday number I do think it is very unlikely, but still in the realm of possibility. It needs a strong Saturday, it most likely won't be that strong though. Optimistically I say 38m. Bad, but it could leg its way to an okay result. OS numbers need to be good for it to be a small success.

Edited by StarSaber

Don't worry it will get there. WB will make sure of it. 

It's going to need a 4.45 multiplier from this weekend. I'm not sure if it's doable but I guess WB could keep it in theaters until it crawls by 300M. 

Am I the only one who doesn't mind Grown Ups 2 doing well? lol cue the angry mob!!!I am annoyed that Monsters U didn't have the 20-25% drop I thought it would. When is it gonna stabilize? Nice for The Heat and WWZLooks like Pacific Rim is more of a nerd/geek phenomenon :P

• Like 1

It's going to need a 4.45 multiplier from this weekend. I'm not sure if it's doable but I guess WB could keep it in theaters until it crawls by 300M. 

Or they could take money from Pacific Rim :P 

What kind of legs do you expect? Just based on summer comedy sequels.

I dont know tbh. I think WOM will be bad so a 2.8-3X.

Am I the only one who doesn't mind Grown Ups 2 doing well? lol cue the angry mob!!!I am annoyed that Monsters U didn't have the 20-25% drop I thought it would. When is it gonna stabilize?Nice for The Heat and WWZLooks like Pacific Rim is more of a nerd/geek phenomenon :P

Based on Godzilla (1998) the giant monster genre has big box office potential.

But I guess you need a known brand like Godzilla to exploit the full market. Most movie goers simply ignored Pacific Rim.