Cmasterclay

Movies that SHOULD be remade

There may be a topic like this, so forgive me if there is, but I thought it seemed interesting. Obviously, everybody at some point or another finds a reason to hate remakes of older movies, and for good reason- alot of classics shouldn't be remade, and it sucks the originality out of Hollywood. But there IS a few great old movies I think that could stand to be remade, whether a genre classic or just a solid movie. My personal choice is the Exorcist- one of my favorite novels of all time, I think with a great cast and a focus on character, this could be remade as an incredible period horror movie with someone like Bale and Ford as the lead priests. It'd be awesome, even if the original was a classic. Any other movies that should get remakes/reboots?

I agree. There's no point of remaking a classic but something that could have and should have been better needs a second take.

I'm also down with any remake by Baz Luhrman and Tarantino. Tarantino really took the concept of the original IB to a different direction as he did with DU, his homage to spagetti westerns including Django series.

I would say Adam Sandler's Click - if you got Cameron Crowe to write & direct, pick some decent actors, and this could have been a great movie. I actually thought the last 10-15 minutes of the movie were the best part since they actually showed the true effect of the remote. With a real plot, and some non-immature gross-out gags, this could have been a great character study.

• Like 1

Dune 

By Nolan, maybe Aronofsky tops. They would appreciate the brains behind the SFX glitz in this book.

The Last Airbender.  M Night pretty much shitted all over that piece of crap of a movie and ruined every chance of having the 2nd and 3rd books made.

yep, this is ripe for a remake/reboot and hopefully with the cast of the right etnicity. No white Inuits and Tibetans and no Indians as Chinese-Japanese (Fire Nation was clearly based on China and japan)  please!

Edited by fishnets