Chewy

Weekend Estimates (starting pg 50) July 19-21

I kinda cringe every time I read someone gush about STID

That's a movie that people are going to look back on in a couple years and wonder what they were thinking when they raved about it

It's sooooooo much worse than ST09

:worthy: :worthy: :worthy:

Most forgettable movie of the summer.

Trevor alone makes IM3 >>>>>> STID

This. Trevor was original. STiD recycled everything. Not to say that Extremis, Super Pepper and Kilian weren't awful. They were. But I take trully awful over totlaly forgettable any day.

RED 2 swiped $6.3M on Friday, and will debut with less than $20M this weekend. The original opened w/ $21M.

Lionsgate just killed a franchise by releasing it in the Summer.

A summer date was fine but this weekend was too crowded.

Fishnets,Blanchet could win another Oscar ... :D

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/blue_jasmine/

I know. Judging by the trailer it's going to be a Hamnado of epic proprotions. I like her as a person a lot, though. And her success irks her one-time big rival for Aussie roles (which rival got thanks to her actor dad and actor-director boyfriend)  and now a certified Z-lister on all continents. So all is good.

Edited by fishnets

Time for today's obligatory "Oblivion Should Have Been Released This Weekend Instead Of R.I.P.D." post: Man, Universal really screwed up not putting Oblivion on this weekend. It could have made doubled what it did in April. So dumb.

• Like 1

:worthy: :worthy: :worthy: Most forgettable movie of the summer.  This. Trevor was original. STiD recycled everything. Not to say that Extremis, Super Pepper and Kilian weren't awful. They were. But I take trully awful over totlaly forgettable any day.

Trevor being a joke was original for sure.I just felt like it was way too humorous. A certain person believed to be dead at the end and Iron Man pretty much gets over it in 5 minutes by saying another one liner.

Universal really screwed up not putting Oblivion on this weekend. It could have made doubled what it did in April. So dumb.

You mean 74M OW  and/or 178M total?

In that summer scenario?

Time for today's obligatory "Oblivion Should Have Been Released This Weekend Instead Of R.I.P.D." post: Man, Universal really screwed up not putting Oblivion on this weekend. It could have made doubled what it did in April. So dumb.

Oblivion fanboys simply won't accept the fact that the movie wasn't popular. Uni put it in April where there was ZERO competition for 2 weeks prior to IM3 because they expected huge opening. It didn't happen. If it opened now, it still wouldn't open bigger than in April and Wolverine would crush it.

Also, whining that it would have made 100M had it not been for IM3 doesn't change the fact that it didn't. There are many other movies who managed to beat stiff competition (that Oblivion didn't have for 2 weeks so why the legs weren't great?) and cross the mark.

Personally, I'm beyond thrilled that stuff like Now You See Me and This Is the End made it instead. Also that Gatsby made it. Well done.

Putting Gwyneth-i won an oscar for ShakespeareinLove in a lovely pink dress- Paltrow in "action" mode was one of the most surprising/bold/cool thing from a blockbuster this summer.

Except that most people thought it was the worst part because it came without any good build-up and nobody buys Paltry in that type of a role.

I think Oblivion could have made 100m with a better release date. Don't know why people get so angry just because someone suggests that

Because obvious agenda is to make it equal to movies that made it despite their tougher road there. It didn't make 100M. It isn't equal. I don't see HP fans whining daily about HP movies that missed 300M.

• Like 1