Chewy

Weekend Estimates (starting pg 50) July 19-21

Can't believe some poeple doubted the accuracy of this forum flop-radar.

Everything from RIPD looked like shit and atrocious.

So RIPD bombing is a validation of our collective bo & Movie Knowledge.

Yay us !

Edited by The Futurist

So it's really happening, isn't it? TWO Ryan Reynolds films opening at pretty much the same time, shot in TWO different mediums, aimed at TWO different demographics, and their combined gross won't beat the number one movie this weekend?

I can't really say I'm a fan of his, but holy shit! Dude can't seem to catch a break!

• Like 1

Can't believe some poeple doubted the accuracy of this forum flop-radar. Everything from RIPD looked like shit and atrocious. So RIPD bombing is a validation of our collective bo & Movie Knowledge. Yay us !

I don't think anyone here doubted RIPD to flop.

Big budgeted films are ok if the film property is big itself.

There's no point in giving $250-300m+ to John Carter and Battleshit when there's no guarantee on return.

So basically no one should ever spend a lot of money on an original or non-sequel property ever again.

So DM2 #1 for a third weekend?

Not a chance.  Conjuring has what looks to be an 18 mill OD.  It will finish with at least 36 mill.  DM2 would have to fall about 15% to have a chance.

I must admit that I thought that RIPD would do badly, but not as terrible as our members thought. I had it flopping, not bombing like what the early numbers are suggesting :P