Chewy

Weekend Estimates (starting pg 50) July 19-21

Occasionally Lex G gets it right.

I don't remember ANNNNNNYTHING about RED 1. Nobody ON EARTH remembers the particulars of RED 1.

RED 2 is like having a THE TOURIST 2. Or a THE RITE 2. Or a NEXT 2. Or a GREAT RAID 2.

No one remembers the first one.  lol....so because he doesn't, no one else does?  What an idiot.  Strong HV sales and a 4 multiplier suggest otherwise.

• Like 4

No one remembers the first one.  lol....so because he doesn't, no one else does?  What an idiot.  Strong HV sales and a 4 multiplier suggest otherwise.

IT'S A JOKE. WHY IS EVERYBODY TAKING THIS SO PERSONALLY?

• Like 1

Well there is The Internship but I'd rather not..

Rose Byrne is hot in it and once you get past the first half, the second is fantastic.  

As expected, "The Conjuring" explodes. And I think, that even 40m is low with that friday.

http://www.boxoffice.com/latest-news/2013-07-18-north-america-turbo-wins-wednesday-but-conjuring-shows-more-potential-on-fandango

That's a great Friday.  I don't think 40 can be ruled out but it will drop tomorrow for sure so 40 is not locked yet.

• Like 1

Is that fact or opinion?

It's a fact.  Fact is RED had a 4X.  So his comment that no one remembers RED is full of shit.

• Like 3

Now You See Me, The Heat, WWZ, and This is the End all did well

Except for WWZ, they all had reasonable budgets which helped. If WWZ had managed to stay at $120 million it would have been increadibly profitable, too. If Paramount wants to do it as a trilogy as originally planned, it needs to get better producers on board. That VF piece depicted them as pretty incompetent.