Neo

The Fate of the Furious | 4.14.2017

2 minutes ago, DMan7 said:

OS figures will still be high though which is like what 1.1B?

Lmao, the drop OS is gonna be ridiculous. There is no way it does 1.1B OS like the last one. Maybe something around 600-700M OS. China will be big but the drop in Europe is gonna be brutal. Fast 7 was ridiculous big in Europe. In Portugal it did the equivalent of 830M DOM lmao. 

1 minute ago, The Futurist said:

You know even at 600m ww, they will continue to produce these so it s there for a very long run IMO.

Fast 6 did almost 800M WW. I think the franchise will stabilize around those numbers.

Just now, The Futurist said:

Dat Chinese number for Fast 7 is still the biggest WTF box office wise of the last few years.

:blink:

They all loved Paul Walker as well. Brick Mansions did 30M (!) there. In America it barely passed the 20M.

11 minutes ago, CJohn said:

Lmao, the drop OS is gonna be ridiculous. There is no way it does 1.1B OS like the last one. Maybe something around 600-700M OS. China will be big but the drop in Europe is gonna be brutal. Fast 7 was ridiculous big in Europe. In Portugal it did the equivalent of 830M DOM lmao. 

Good lord, you portuguese like your Vin don't ya? :o

• Like 1

1 minute ago, WrathOfHan said:

I'm thinking:

280 DOM

450 China

500 elsewhere

1.23B WW

DOM is too high, IMO.

China is too high as well, it won't surprise me if it decreases a bit tbh.

The OS numbers minus China seems ok. 

Just now, DMan7 said:

Good lord, you portuguese like your Vin don't ya? :o

Blame Paul Walker's death. That was a 100% increase over the totals of Fast 5 and Fast 6 here.

1 minute ago, DMan7 said:

TBH I really don't think the death of an actor would affect the BO overseas though just like how critic reviews doesn't mean squat to the OS audiences as they still flock to critically panned movies like TF.

The death of Paul Walker affected Fast 7 a lot. There is a 0% chance Fast 7 would have done nearly as much as it did if Paul Walker was alive. People flock to what they like, they don't care about those so called critics that know nothing. 

I still think Paramount should do a final Terminator movie and kill Arnold after the movie is filmed. Imagine the WW box office! :P 

The jump from FF6 to F7 in China was partly due to Paul Walker (ton of buzz surrounding his tragedy when the movie came out) in addition to it being marketed as the finale to the series. It grossed nearly 6x what FF6 did just 2 years prior, which is much more than can be accounted for by simple market expansion. Hard to say what Fast 8 will make in China since it will likely have much less hype. Sequels in China rarely gross less than their predecessor (only MJ2 comes to mind right now), but F7 was such a perfect storm of factors that it could happen. Taking FF6's gross and adjusting it for 4 years of market expansion will probably be the floor for Fast 8's potential gross in China. 

4 minutes ago, CJohn said:

DOM is too high, IMO.

China is too high as well, it won't surprise me if it decreases a bit tbh.

The OS numbers minus China seems ok. 

Blame Paul Walker's death. That was a 100% increase over the totals of Fast 5 and Fast 6 here.

6 currently adjusts to 247M and will probably be 253-255 next year, less than 30M over it seems reasonable. 

Wouldn't be surprised at a China decrease either, but it's China so who knows :lol: 

4 minutes ago, CJohn said:

The death of Paul Walker affected Fast 7 a lot. There is a 0% chance Fast 7 would have done nearly as much as it did if Paul Walker was alive. People flock to what they like, they don't care about those so called critics that know nothing. 

I still think Paramount should do a final Terminator movie and kill Arnold after the movie is filmed. Imagine the WW box office! :P 

:o Silly humans waiting for an actor to die to watch his last movie when it should be the other way around and support their movies while they are alive. Who knew soo much people actually cared about Walker until after he died?

Edited by DMan7
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

6 currently adjusts to 247M and will probably be 253-255 next year, less than 30M over it seems reasonable. 

Wouldn't be surprised at a China decrease either, but it's China so who knows :lol: 

China is going down to 230-260M and everyone will claim it flopped there. I am expecting around 110-115M OW DOM and a 240M DOM total (basically the same as Fast 6). 

But it is really too soon to make predictions :lol: