Ezen Baklattan

BoxOffice.com's Top 25 Franchises (LIST REVEALED AT 8:30PM ET TONIGHT!!)

While a list of our favorite films is soon being posted, it's also time to take a look at some of our favorite franchises in film. Because the definition of franchises might spark much debate, I've set up some ground rules for the sake of this list.

Rules:

1. Please list at least 10 film series, but you are encouraged to go to 25.

2. Film series must have at least 3 films to be eligible by the time of the deadline. This would allow you to add, say, The Cars series, but not The Hunger Games, among other things.

3. Please group franchises all as one. In other words, don't try to batch franchises into smaller portions. (i.e. Don't try to pick out Nolan's Batman films out of the whole Batman series, or Iron Man from the Marvel Comics Universe) This could prove to be a scoring nightmare. I am able to negotiate on this rule though.

4. Remember that brands do not equal franchises. That is, entries of Pixar and DC, among other things, will not be accepted. However, films that take place in a common franchise universe (The Avengers being the major example.) will be accepted.

5. Send all lists as a PM to me.

6. The deadline is Friday, August 23rd, 2013, at 6PM ET

Let's have some fun, and hopefully we'll turn out a good list.

So far, I have lists from the following:

[*]mahnanahna [*]Goffe [*]Squaremaster316 [*]Michael G. Scott [*]Walt Disney [*]grey ghost [*]75Live [*]chasmmi [*]tiffybaumer [*]4815162342 [*]peludo [*]Telemachos [*]langer [*]JarJarBinks [*]Sensei Stingray [*]Olive [*]Simionski [*]Blankments [*]Punishment [*]Films [*]kitlik [*]Dexter of Subrbia [*]Spaghetti

Edited by Spaghetti
  • Like 1

Personally I will be lumping all of the Avengers films together into a single franchise and not have a separate Iron Man franchise because of how interconnected they all are (Tony Stark showing up in The Incredible Hulk, Black Widow in IM2, Hawkeye in Thor, Banner in IM3, Fury + Coulson, etc).

What about franchises that are not done yet? i.e. Hunger Games

Only one film released, ineligible until Mockingjay Part 1 is out in theaters.

I'm also folding The Hobbit: AUJ into a Middle-Earth franchise with LOTR.

Edited by 4815162342

What about franchises that are not done yet? i.e. Hunger Games

No. You're only going off of one film, and the significance of franchises is how the films are connected to one another.

And it's fine to have the Middle Earth as one big franchise.

Edited by Spaghetti

Bond would be higher with me if there weren't so many stinkers. Gotta take the bad with the good.

There aren't that many. I mean Diamonds are Forever and Moonraker sure, but things like Quantum aren't really stinkers.

There aren't that many. I mean Diamonds are Forever and Moonraker sure, but things like Quantum aren't really stinkers.

Live and Let Die, Man with the Golden Gun, Moonraker, View to a Kill, etc.

I rank my franchises by grading every single film I have seen in the franchise and then averaging it out. The handful of stinkers in Bond takes the average rating down.