Ezen Baklattan

BoxOffice.com's Top 25 Franchises (LIST REVEALED AT 8:30PM ET TONIGHT!!)

My Ballot:

1. Back to the Future

2. Star Wars

3. James Bond

4. Rocky

5. Indiana Jones

6. Men in Black

7. Friday the 13th

8. A Nightmare on Elm Street

9. Die Hard

10. Halloween

11. The Karate Kid

12. Rambo

13. Lethal Weapon

14. Poltergeist

15. Star Trek

16. Hannibal Lecter movies (Silence of the Lambs)

17. Jason Bourne movies

18. Mission Impossible

19. Beverly Hills Cop

20. Dirty Harry

21. Austin Powers

22. The Godfather

23. Police Academy

24. Batman

25. Superman

1. Star Wars 2. Lord of the Rings3. Toy Story4. Star Trek5. Harry Potter6. Marvel Cinematic Universe7. Spider-Man 8. Shrek9. Matrix10. Indiana jones11. James Bond12. Mission Impossible13. Batman14. X-men15. Superman16. Terminator17. Jurassic Park18. Bourne Trilogy

19. Pirates of the Caribbean20. Back to the Future21.  Alien22. Men in Black23. Planet of the Apes24. Transformers

25. Die Hard

Edited by Olive

1. Indy2. Back to the future3. Hannibal Lector4. Die Hard5. Alien

6. Rocky7. Marvel8. Nightmare on Elm Street9. Clerks/Jay and Silent Bob Universe10. Crocodile Dundee

11. Men in Black12. Rambo13. Batman14. X-men15. James Bond

16. Jurassic Park17. Final Destination18. Bourne19. Shrek

20. American Pie

21. Terminator22. Toy Story23. Superman24. Madagascar25. Mummy

Edited by chasmmi

1. Indy2. Back to the future3. Hannibal Lector4. Die Hard5. Alien

6. Rocky7. Marvel8. Nightmare on Elm Street9. Clerks/Jay and Silent Bob Universe10. Crocodile Dundee

11. Men in Black12. Rambo13. Batman14. X-men15. James Bond

16. Jurassic Park17. Final Destination18. Bourne19. Shrek

20. American Pie

21. Terminator22. Toy Story23. Superman24. Madagascar25. Mummy

In no universe does the Crocodile Dundee franchise rank above Toy Story... just... no

While a list of our favorite films is soon being posted, it's also time to take a look at some of our favorite franchises in film. Because the definition of franchises might spark much debate, I've set up some ground rules for the sake of this list.

Rules:

1. Please list at least 10 film series, but you are encouraged to go to 25.

2. Film series must have at least 3 films to be eligible by the time of the deadline. This would allow you to add, say, The Cars series, but not The Hunger Games, among other things.

3. Please group franchises all as one. In other words, don't try to batch franchises into smaller portions. (i.e. Don't try to pick out Nolan's Batman films out of the whole Batman series, or Iron Man from the Marvel Comics Universe) This could prove to be a scoring nightmare. I am able to negotiate on this rule though.

4. Remember that brands do not equal franchises. That is, entries of Pixar and DC, among other things, will not be accepted. However, films that take place in a common franchise universe (The Avengers being the major example.) will be accepted.

5. Send all lists as a PM to me.

6. The deadline is Friday, August 23rd, 2013, at 6PM ET

Let's have some fun, and hopefully we'll turn out a good list.

This makes it pretty clear.  The only thing I think we need clarification on is something like Alien and AVP.  Is AVP part of the alien series?

In no universe does the Crocodile Dundee franchise rank above Toy Story... just... no

Toy Story doesn't even make my list.  Crocodile Dundee might.

Crocodile Dundee? Huh?!!! Toy Story is one of the greatest trilogy of all time with the most consistency in quality of any of the franchises on all of the lists I've seen thus far. 

Crocodile Dundee is... one "meh" film, one terrible film, and one atrociously unneccessary sequel in 2001  :lol:

I almost agree with riczhang when I see things like "Police Academy", "Lethal Weapon", "Austin Powers", "A Nightmare on Elm Street", "The Karate Kid", "Shrek", "Terminator" (after the three and fourth ones), "Rambo", "Rocky" and "Crocodile Dundee" ranked above Toy Story. I'm surprised Toy Story 1-3 even made the top 100 list with the kinds of franchises you all consider great  ;)

Edited by mahnamahna
  • Like 1

Toy Story is horribly manipulative and for the most part boring.  I have no interest in that series.  Friday the 13th made my list.  Toy Story doesn't.  Much more quality in the first 6 Friday's than the first three TS.

• Like 1

1. Alien

2. Indiana Jones

3. The Godfather

4. Friday the 13th

5. Mad Max

6. Terminator

7. Scream

8. Star Wars

9. Batman

10. Rambo

11. Rocky

12. Predator

13. Lethal Weapon

14. Die Hard

15. James Bond
Edited by Sensei Stingray™
  • Like 1

1) Star Wars
2) Indiana Jones
3) Rocky
4) Rambo
5) Terminator
6) Friday the 13th (could be top 5 if it ended at Final Chapter)
7) Transformers
8) Aliens
9) Jaws (should be higher but 4 is so bad)
10) Halloween
11) Bourne
12) Twilight
13) Lethal Weapon
14) Back to the Future
15) Porky's 
16) Batman (would be higher but some really bad entries)
17) Superman
18) American Pie
19) Spider-man
20) The Matrix
21) Lord of the Rings (Not a massive fan of TTT, Hobbit or ROTK but they are a remarkable achievment in film making and I own all three films EE, so it has to make my list)
22) Scream
23) Jack Ryan
24) Beverly Hills Cop
25) X-men

Crocodile Dundee? Huh?!!! Toy Story is one of the greatest trilogy of all time with the most consistency in quality of any of the franchises on all of the lists I've seen thus far. 

Crocodile Dundee is... one "meh" film, one terrible film, and one atrociously unneccessary sequel in 2001  :lol:

I almost agree with riczhang when I see things like "Police Academy", "Lethal Weapon", "Austin Powers", "A Nightmare on Elm Street", "The Karate Kid", "Shrek", "Terminator" (after the three and fourth ones), "Rambo", "Rocky" and "Crocodile Dundee" ranked above Toy Story. I'm surprised Toy Story 1-3 even made the top 100 list with the kinds of franchises you all consider great  ;)

I will give my own personal reason as to why Toy Story isn't on my list. I don't know how to compare live action movies to animated movies. That's why none of my favorite Disney movies were on my top 100 list. That's why Toy Story isn't on my top Franchises list.

I have a lot of respect for the people that can find a way to compare animation to live action and make an actual ranked list out of it. I can't, so I leave animation out of it.

Edited by Walt Disney
  • Like 1

I will give my own personal reason as to why Toy Story isn't on my list. I don't know how to compare live action movies to animated movies. That's why none of my favorite Disney movies were on my top 100 list. That's why Toy Story isn't on my top Franchises list.

I have a lot of respect for the people that can find a way to compare animation to live action and make an actual ranked list out of it. I can't, so I leave animation out of it.

That's a well thought out reason and I respect that  :)  but most of the people on here don't have Toy Story ranked on their lists because they somehow think Crocodile Dundee and Police Academy are quality franchises lol. I can rank them because they're that great IMO. Plus, there isn't many animated franchises to begin with so I found a way to put it on here. 

But I think I'm the only one who actually weighed each individual film in the franchise and its relative quality rather than just picking random franchises I passively enjoy  :P

But I think I'm the only one who actually weighed each individual film in the franchise and its relative quality rather than just picking random franchises I passively enjoy  :P

I did some weighing also. That is why Terminator and Robocop both aren't on my franchise lists. I loved the first 2 installments of those movies, but they fell off a cliff after that. So I just couldn't rank them. If the 3rd installments were acceptable enough for me, then they would be there. The same with Jaws, Predator, and Jurassic Park for me.

I wanted atleast 3 enjoyable movies in the franchise. Even if none were great, a franchise with 3 enjoyable movies was ranked over a franchise with 1 or 2 great movies and the rest clunkers.

• Like 1