Sims

Boxoffice.com's Top 100 Films of All Time 2013: THE RESULTS (final list in OP)

It's also insanely ridiculous.  Armageddon makes more sense and Bay even admits that he wrote it full well knowing that a lot of it didn;t make sense.  

Who cares? I go to movies to be entertained.

(I feel like you're using my general film arguments against me, and I'm using yours. What is this, bizarro world?)

• Like 2

I thought you liked Bay's movies?

Read what I wrote again.  I said TDKR makes less sense than Armageddon.  I love Armageddon but Bay deliberately took liberties with the script to make it more entertaining.  TDKR has a lot more script problems than ARMGDN.

• Like 1

Would love to stay up to read the rest of this.  But I won't.  Shit films in here so far.  Glad Halloween and Usual Suspects made the list so far but both should be way higher.  Citizen Kane can suck it and TDKR and KB1 are horrible inclusions.

Read what I wrote again. I said TDKR makes less sense than Armageddon. I love Armageddon but Bay deliberately took liberties with the script to make it more entertaining. TDKR has a lot more script problems than ARMGDN.

On yeah, I agree. I liked Armageddon, despised TDKR.
  • Like 1

41. A Clockwork Orange

LYR: 45

Stanley Kubrick, 1971

Nominated for 4 Oscars

58 points

"Public opinion has a way of changing."

Synopsis: In future Britain, charismatic delinquent Alex DeLarge is jailed and volunteers for an experimental aversion therapy developed by the government in an effort to solve society's crime problem... but not all goes to plan.

Trivia: Stanley Kubrick's first solo screenplay. 

40. The Good, the Bad and the Ugly

LYR: 69

Sergio Leone

58 points

"You see, in this world there's two kinds of people, my friend: Those with loaded guns and those who dig. You dig."

Synopsis: A bounty hunting scam joins two men in an uneasy alliance against a third in a race to find a fortune in gold buried in a remote cemetery.

Trivia: Orson Welles warned Sergio Leone not to make this movie on the grounds that Civil War pictures were box office poison.

• Like 1