Sims

Boxoffice.com's Top 100 Films of All Time 2013: THE RESULTS (final list in OP)

How can a film that has magic back healing powers, a city where every single cop runs into the sewer, a plot that should of just had Batman dead in the middle of it knowing who the bad "guy" was and knowing that the bad "guy" knew who Batman really was, a hero who can get into a city that is on lock down and yet finds one person in the middle of that city and he also gets there with no money and no ID and so on....how can a film like this truly be anywhere near a top 100 list.  It's the complete antithesis to the brilliance of TDK.  I truly don't understand the love you guys have for TDKR.  It's such a lazily written film.

Agree completely. I've actually caught TDK on TV more than once during the past year or two, and it holds up better than I thought it would. TDKR I couldn't help but start picking apart before I even finished watching it in the cinema for the first time. The script in particular was an incredible letdown; I mean, TDK's is no masterpiece either, but it has far less holes and far more ideas.

• Like 1

so chinatown, incredibles, shining, alien, apocalypse now? pretty excellent run. unfortunately i didn't see the latter until after i submitted.

all that i have seen (position on my top 100)

44. apocalypse now A+ would have been #11
45. alien B+ #78
46. the shining A- #53
47. the incredibles B+ #68
48. chinatown A- #35
50. el laberinto del fauno A #23
51. memento A- #36
52. truman show B-
54. psycho B #93
55. spider-man 2 B-
57. american beauty A #22
60. eternal sunshine of the spotless mind A- #44
61. batman begins B #98
62. ratatouille B+ #73
63. the wizard of oz C
64. citizen kane B #86
66. gladiator D+
67. saving private ryan C
71. toy story 2 C+
73. finding nemo B #95
76. no country for old men A+ #10
77. pirates of the caribbean: curse of the black pearl B-
78. aladdin B-
80. the dark knight rises B-
84. harry potter and the deathly hallows part 2 B #96
92. once upon a time in the west B-
93. the big lebowski A #16
94. blade runner D-
95. full metal jacket B #79
99. all quiet on the western front A #18

Batch Numero Uno. 

100. Almost Famous

Doesn't deserve to be in the Top 100 of all time, but at least it is a pretty good film. Meg Ryan.

99. All Quiet on the Western Front

Good Men for voting this in. I didn't think that it'd make it. It is legitimately the best ever made. Highly technically, and emotionally gripping. Shame it wasn't a little higher. If more people saw it, it might be. 

98. Life of Pi

Don't get me wrong. I loved this film and it was my #8 I believe of 2012. But, having this in the top films ever made is definitely over-praising it a little. It'll fade next year though as people become more objective and level-headed with their judgements. 

97. Planet of the Apes (1968)

I don't have it on my own list, but I'm glad this made it. It's a fun film and it's pretty well made. 

96. Requiem for a Dream

Meh film. 

95. Full Metal Jacket

Not my favourite Kubrick, but this is a good sign. It's in my personal top 200/250.

94. Blade Runner

WTF is this doing here? Style over Substance. Ew. :sick:

93. The Big Lebowski

I'm not a big fan of Comedic Coen, but I'll take all the Coen I can get. 

92. Once Upon A Time in the West

I love it. Though I expected this to be one that was more popular with the forums. Kinda disappointed at only 92. 

91. The Terminator

Next. I respect it for the cultural impact it caused, but I don't like the film very much. 

Edited by riczhang
  • Like 1

43. Return of the Jedi

LYR: 32

Richard Marquand, 1983

Nominated for 4 Oscars

57 points

"Obi-Wan has taught you well."

Synopsis: After rescuing Han Solo from the palace of Jabba the Hutt, the Rebels attempt to destroy the Second Death Star, while Luke Skywalker tries to bring his father back to the Light Side of the Force.

Trivia: David Lynch was originally offered the chance to direct this episode of the series. He turned it down because he believed it was "Lucas' thing." He went on to direct Dune instead.

42. Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the BombLYR: 75Stanley Kubrick, 1964Nominated for 4 Oscars58 points"Mein Führer! I can walk!"Synopsis: An insane general starts a process to nuclear holocaust that a war room of politicians and generals frantically try to stop.Trivia: In one version of the script, aliens from outer space observed all of the action.

• Like 1

It's insanely entertaining. Done.

It's also insanely ridiculous.  Armageddon makes more sense and Bay even admits that he wrote it full well knowing that a lot of it didn;t make sense.