Sims

Boxoffice.com's Top 100 Films of All Time 2013: THE RESULTS (final list in OP)

40. The Good, the Bad and the Ugly

LYR: 69

Sergio Leone

58 points

"You see, in this world there's two kinds of people, my friend: Those with loaded guns and those who dig. You dig."

Synopsis: A bounty hunting scam joins two men in an uneasy alliance against a third in a race to find a fortune in gold buried in a remote cemetery.

Trivia: Orson Welles warned Sergio Leone not to make this movie on the grounds that Civil War pictures were box office poison.

What the hell? Do people watch movies or not? This piece here deserves a top 10 spot.  :angry:

Unless Baumer also has something, I may be the only person with a Bay movie in my top 100...

Armageddon is in my top 30 I believe.  Let me see if I can find my list.

1 Jaws2 ET3) JFK4) Raiders of the Lost Ark5) Halloween6) Aliens7) The Matrix8) Pulp Fiction9) Fellowship of the Ring10) Empire Strikes Back11) Terminator 212) First Blood13) The Dark Knight14) Titanic15) Star Wars ANH16) Angel Heart17) Texas Chainsaw Massacre 197418) Goodfellas19) Mississippi Burning20) The Mothman Prophecies21) Predator22) Forrest Gump23) Shawshank Redemption24) Saving Private Ryan25) Silver Linings Playbook26) Tombstone27) Scream28) Back to the Future29) Fargo30) Armageddon31) Swingers32) Porky's33) Rambo FB Part 234) Friday the 13th Final Chapter35) The Breakfast Club36) Planes Trains and Automobiles37) Ferris Bueller's Day Off38) Fast Times At Ridgemont High39) Fight Club40) Arlington Road41) The Siege42) The Ring43) The Pianist44) The Goonies45) Gladiator46) Gremlins47) High Fidelity48) Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade49) Rocky IV50) Rocky51) Indian Summer52) Stripes53) Schindler's List54) Apocalypse Now55) Bourne Ultimatum56) Transformers57) The Shining58) Christmas Vacation59) Avengers60) The Wizard of Oz61) Planet of the Apes 196862) Waiting63) Departed64) Ghostbusters65) Less Than Zero66) Lethal Weapon67) Die Hard68) Basic Instinct69) Stand By Me70) Revenge of the Sith71) 12 Angry Men (1957)72) Tequila Sunrise73) Amityville Horror 274) Jaws 275) The Fugitive76) Instinct77) Terminator78) The Usual Suspects79) Sixth Sense80) Zoolander

81) Anchorman

82) Chasing Amy

83) Cape Fear (1991)

84) Traffic

85) Mystic River

86) Dance With Wolves

87) Boyz N The Hood

88) Crimes and Misdemeanors

89) Rounders

90) Clerks

91) The Blair Witch Project

92) Man on Fire

93) A Few Good Men

94) Inception

95) A Christmas Story

96) When Harry Met Sally

97) Husbands and Wives

98) This is the End

99) Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom

100) Return of the Jedi

Edited by tiffybaumer
  • Like 2

Sims:

Great job!  Really well done.  I wish I could have been here more last night as the thread looks like it was a lot of fun.  But kudos to you for doing this.  I am calling dibs on doing boxoffice's top 100 WORST movies of all time.  And yes, I am doing this knowing full well that some of the films I like will certainly make it.  But it should be fun.  :)

• Like 1

1.   The Empire Strikes Back (Kershner, 1980) I have no problem with this being number one.  A truly epic film

2.   Pulp Fiction (Tarantino, 1994) Great film, not my # 1 but top 15 for sure.

3.   The Dark Knight (Nolan, 2008) Same as above

4.   Star Wars (Lucas, 1977) A game changer

5.   The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring (Jackson, 2001) My fave LOTR movie.  Perfection

6.   Raiders of the Lost Ark (Spielberg, 1981) In my top 5.

7.   Goodfellas (Scorsese, 1990) Scorceses best

8.   The Godfather Part II (Coppola, 1974) Good but a bit too high for my liking, but I get it.

9.   The Matrix (Wachowski and Wachowski, 1999) This might not be exactly where I have it but it's close.

10. Schindler’s List (Spielberg, 1993) Another great SS film

11. Jaws (Spielberg, 1975) My number one but thrilled to see it this high

12. Terminator 2: Judgment Day (Cameron, 1991) Cameron's 2nd best imo behind Aliens.

13. Back to the Future (Zemeckis, 1985) A brilliant film.

• Like 1

Good to see another person that didn't forget about Bourne Ultimatum. That movie deserved to be in the top 100 again.

When I first saw BU, I had it in my top 10 films of all time.  It blew me away. And it probably deserves to be in my top 25.  It's such a well done film.  I am going to really go through my list this year and figure out the rankings.  There are films on there that will definitely be higher next time, like Stand By Me.

• Like 1

When I first saw BU, I had it in my top 10 films of all time.  It blew me away. And it probably deserves to be in my top 25.  It's such a well done film.  I am going to really go through my list this year and figure out the rankings.  There are films on there that will definitely be higher next time, like Stand By Me.

Same with mine, BU deserves more love than it sometimes receives. It puts to shame some most action movies ever done. I will also going to change some stuff in my list.

Edited by CJohn
  • Like 1

Well I slept through the madness and wake up to find a thread in ashes with riczhang holding matches and tanks of kerosene.

TDK at #3 is ridiculous. Good movie but possibly the most overrated movie on this forum. At least Pulp Fiction didn't take #1 again. Probably the 2nd-most overrated movie on this forum.

• Like 5