A Marvel Fanboy

Thor 2 OS Over 400M Club

Out! 450M OS

Nope, 750m WW!

This means 300 DOM and a ratio 40-60. That already was the ratio of Thor 1. If Thor 2 is headed to grow domestically, it will do OS too. In my opinion, 300 DOM is too much. I am thinking in 250-275 (but who knows). It is locked that the ratio will drop to at least 35-65, and probably it will go to low 30-high 60, like IM3 has done.

Worst scenario: 250 DOM and 35-65 ratio: 465 OS

Best scenario: 275 DOM and 30-70 ratio: 640 OS

On average it gives us about 550 OS. That is my prediction.

Of course, if it does 300 DOM, 550 would be locked and we would start to talk about 600-650.

This means 300 DOM and a ratio 40-60. That already was the ratio of Thor 1. If Thor 2 is headed to grow domestically, it will do OS too. In my opinion, 300 DOM is too much. I am thinking in 250-275 (but who knows). It is locked that the ratio will drop to at least 35-65, and probably it will go to low 30-high 60, like IM3 has done.

Worst scenario: 250 DOM and 35-65 ratio: 465 OS

Best scenario: 275 DOM and 30-70 ratio: 640 OS

On average it gives us about 550 OS. That is my prediction.

Of course, if it does 300 DOM, 550 would be locked and we would start to talk about 600-650.

In that case I was thinking of nearly 470 OS and 280 Dom. I don't think that 300 dom. is possible, but OS might get just above 450m. But as I said earlier anything above 500 is not gonna happen by any means.

Edited by The Joker

In that case I was thinking of nearly 470 OS and 280 Dom. I don't think that 300 dom. is possible, but OS might get just above 450m.

I insist with the ratio. 280 DOM would guarantee 500-525 OS

Edited by peludo

So the billion WW is possible!  :lol:

It's a possibility, a slight one, but a possibility nonetheless...

Every follow up to TA are indirect sequels that have the potential to hit big (nobody knows how big so i wouldn't laugh at that possibility too) because they all deal with some aspects of the aftermath of TA, hence poitentially could drive a lot of the TA general audience to the by product. 

In this one, it is Loki's fate after TA...you can be sure that THIS is an incentive for many people who have been exposed to TA but not to Thor1.

Also, Thor1 hugely underperformed in South America.  With TA crushing some records there, the level of popularity both Thor and Loki have acquired since then will exponentially increase Thor2 gross leading to much bigger numbers in that continent. 

In Europe, Thor1 had its best numbers so its sequel could only increase after TA and i don't see Asia, especially countries like China, Philippines and South Korea, all three increasing from TA to IM3, to show less popularity for Thor2. Because by increasing their revenues from TA to IM3, they have shown that they are interrested by its by products and consider them as sequels.  Not to say that Thor2 will do IM3 numbers, but if it was huge for TA and IM3, it will likely be huge for Thor2  in those markets.

Edited by Ent
  • Like 2

It's a possibility, a slight one, but a possibility nonetheless...

Every follow up to TA are indirect sequels that have the potential to hit big (nobody knows how big so i wouldn't laugh at that possibility too) because they all deal with some aspects of the aftermath of TA, hence poitentially could drive a lot of the TA general audience to the by product. 

In this one, it is Loki's fate after TA...you can be sure that THIS is an incentive for many people who have been exposed to TA but not to Thor1.

Also, Thor1 hugely underperformed in South America.  With TA crushing some records there, the level of popularity both Thor and Loki have acquired since then will exponentially increase Thor2 gross leading to much bigger numbers in that continent. 

In Europe, Thor1 had its best numbers so its sequel could only increase after TA and i don't see Asia, especially countries like China, Philippines and South Korea, all three increasing from TA to IM3, to show less popularity for Thor2. Because by increasing their revenues from TA to IM3, they have shown that they are interrested by its by products and consider them as sequels.  Not to say that Thor2 will do IM3 numbers, but if it was huge for TA and IM3, it will likely be huge for Thor2  in those markets.

1 Billion WW is 700+ OS, that won't happen.

Iron Man 3 increased 30% Domestic respect Iron Man 2. That's the max i see Thor 2 increasing. So around 235m domestic. In OS markets i see around 500, cant see more. Thor was already in 3D, that's a big factor OS.

235 DOM

500 OS

735 WW

1B WW is a pipe dream.

• Like 1