Jack Nevada

Overrated/underrated films of 2013

Oblivion - ridiculously overrated on these forums, otherwise spot-on rated by critics

STiD - ridiculously overrated by critics and some people around here, spot-on rated by disgruntled fans everywhere

PR - ridiculously overrated by anyone who calls it a smart movie and TF stupid. Both were stupid as hell. Rated right by critics.

TGG - underrated by critics, BO corrected that error.

WWZ - ridiculously overrated by critics, how the hell this dumb shit ende dup with 78%?

MoS - was rated right by critics but considering they gave a huge pass to dumb shit such as STiD and WW it feels seriously underrated.

Wolverine - OVERRATED AS FUCK! Worst movie of 2013. Origins was better at least because Creed and Gambit were engaging (unlike Wolverine's cast that isn't Jackman).

Edited by fishnets
  • Like 1

Almost every single film I've seen this year has been overrated, imo this is an unpopular opinion but I like The lords of Salem, which I think most people were expecting something different, something more pop in your face, which Imo would take away from the true creepy essence of the film. Sightseers it's not that it has bad reviews it's that not enough people know about it. I also don't think Mud is overrated or underrated, it gets positive reviews from pretty much everyone who has seen it. it's just a good film.

So the only real underrated film this year I think is Lords of Salem which has gotten a 47% on Rotten Tomatoes and a 5.2 on IMDB that and I can't find many people that enjoyed this film and think of it as a work of Art like I do. 

what with all the jay Z music in that movie?

Yeah, sorry. Forgot that if the movie had music from Jay Z it should automatically be considered a bad movie.

Have you watched it? 

Edited by ChD