Fake

Indian Box Office Thread | Jawan overtakes Pathaan, becomes highest grossing Indian movie of 2023

12 minutes ago, THUNDER BIRD said:

Those people boycotting is having very less effect. 90% of them don't usually watch movies anyways.

They watch films really, these are the same people because of which propaganda film The Kashmir Files had earned 240 crores. If they believe that lead of a movie is anti national or had given anti national comments in past they just boycott the movie.

I have one question though - Here in Lucknow where I live - The Cinema Halls were Empty in the region dominated by Muslims Cinema Goers - Why are they not going to see it?

51 minutes ago, Factcheck said:

They watch films really, these are the same people because of which propaganda film The Kashmir Files had earned 240 crores. If they believe that lead of a movie is anti national or had given anti national comments in past they just boycott the movie.

Anyway, I watched it today in an Empty Hall with dozen or so people. It's not a bad movie but either Aamir should not have done Dhoom 3 or acted more convincingly better than SRK had done in My Name is Khan. I really liked the Kid Actor. I really loved how Kareena acted. Film really lacks something and I can't really point it out....

8 minutes ago, Shanks said:

I have one question though - Here in Lucknow where I live - The Cinema Halls were Empty in the region dominated by Muslims Cinema Goers - Why are they not going to see it?

Anyway, I watched it today in an Empty Hall with dozen or so people. It's not a bad movie but either Aamir should not have done Dhoom 3 or acted more convincingly better than SRK had done in My Name is Khan. I really liked the Kid Actor. I really loved how Kareena acted. Film really lacks something and I can't really point it out....

For Muslims Salman Khan & somewhat SRK is the biggest actor, Aamir Khan is just another actor for them. Aamir Khan doesn't have fandom among muslims like Salman khan has.

Edited by Factcheck

1 hour ago, Factcheck said:

Are it really doesn't affect much, at the end of the day movie should've been good and interesting pre release. 

And those audiences which made TKF blockbuster are what you call non traditional audiences, and that movie was padded up by politicians and bulk bookings by corporates and government offices, there was even a research by a media firm that said that around 70% of TKF audience were non traditional Bollywood Audience. 

8 minutes ago, THUNDER BIRD said:

Are it really doesn't affect much, at the end of the day movie should've been good and interesting pre release. 

And those audiences which made TKF blockbuster are what you call non traditional audiences, and that movie was padded up by politicians and bulk bookings by corporates and government offices, there was even a research by a media firm that said that around 70% of TKF audience were non traditional Bollywood Audience. 

When I say that people are boycotting the film, I do not mean that 100% right wing supporters are boycotting. I think the boycott has had an impact of 30-40%. The opening day of a possible 17-20 crores will now be only 12 crores. But you can still disagree with me.

10 hours ago, charlie Jatinder said:

I think that was a LOCK before year start. Either of RRR or KGF to win.

Pushpa 2 is a LOCK for next year.

Avatar-2 will do very well...likely around 250-300c.

it will definitely get a long run in premium/IMAX screens 

On 8/11/2022 at 9:30 PM, Factcheck said:

LOL...these Boycott trends have very very minimal or no impact...if the movie is good people will watch if not they won't. It is as simple as that! 

LSC right from the beginning wasn't an interesting movie...nothing positive at all...it was just another movie from Aamir after a long time!

I hear ppl say TGM too had political undertones, propaganda movie...nowhere i felt it was a propaganda at all same thing applies to Kashmir files which was bloody history which happened 3 decades back...we need start watching movies as movies and accept certain facts which has really taken place!

Edited by John Rambo
text

Laal Singh Chaddha crashed on FRI with 35% drop, ₹7.5cr Nett. 2 days total ₹19cr. 6-days extended weekend could be ₹55-60cr. Closing sub-₹80cr mostly. DISASTER.

Raksha Bandhan also dropped 25%, ₹6cr. 2 days ₹14cr. 6-day weekend can be ₹40-45cr. Closing sub-₹65cr mostly. DISASTER.

2 hours ago, John Rambo said:

LOL...these Boycott trends have very very minimal or no impact...if the movie is good people will watch if not they won't. It is as simple as that! 

LSC right from the beginning wasn't an interesting movie...nothing positive at all...it was just another movie from Aamir after a long time!

I hear ppl say TGM too had political undertones, propaganda movie...nowhere i felt it was a propaganda at all same thing applies to Kashmir files which was bloody history which happened 3 decades back...we need start watching movies as movies and accept certain facts which has really taken place!

Lol..The Kashmir Files was a propaganda movie, more than 80% of its box office came from right wing/BJP supporters. LSC is facing boycott from same group because of Aamir Khan's statements which they think was anti national. Your denial won't change the fact.

When Aamir Khan made that statement, BJP supporters started trending #BoycottSnapdeal and then Snapdeal removed Aamir Khan as the brand ambassador of Snapdeal, boycott can do a lot.

Edited by Factcheck

Does Boycott work? Yes. But, at the very most it can affects 20-30% Box Office.  So, If LSC was going to gross 300 Crores it would still reach 150 Cr+.

Was TKF success because of only BJP supporters? No. Saying 80% of BO was because of RightWing/ RSS or BJP supporter is idiotic. 

The Movie made on Modi himself could not cross 30 Crores.

I know for the fact that people who voted for SP, BSP or some regional parties and some who never even went to vote or are completely against BJP, they too went to watch TKF because they are Hindu. There are 100 Crores+ Hindu in India and BJP got vote of 20+ Crores that's still just 1/5th. So, Not Every Hindu is BJP supporter but yeah, Most Hindus I know went to see TKF regardless. 

On 8/26/2022 at 10:46 AM, grim22 said:

Reading the reviews I wonder what made Devarakonda choose this as his big Bollywood debut project

This movie was messed up...some characters spoke telugu while others hindi...this was like a complete non sync for the its major market along with content being bad...

5 hours ago, John Rambo said:

This movie was messed up...some characters spoke telugu while others hindi...this was like a complete non sync for the its major market along with content being bad...

If the content were good, this dubbing thing wouldn't have mattered.

I think its a good thing we are making crossover films. I would like them to be language accurate too. e.g. RRR would be sensible to be in Telugu for scenes in Ram's village and Gond tribe scenes but the Delhi part of film shall be Hindi.

Give people the language accurate option too and for masses just dub in complete Hindi or Telugu.

• Like 1