Fake

Indian Box Office Thread | Jawan overtakes Pathaan, becomes highest grossing Indian movie of 2023

5 minutes ago, NamakFiskKa said:

What's the highest overseas/ww single day record for India/Bollywood film ?

I think we just saw it happen yesterday.

For just Indian film, it's either Kgf2 or Bahubali 2 I think. Bollywood all opening records are now Pathaan 

1 hour ago, charlie Jatinder said:

For Bollywood its Pathaan $4.75M. Next best are couple of $3M.

Overall Baahubali 2 $10M, that includes $4M previews.

1 hour ago, grim22 said:

I think we just saw it happen yesterday.

For just Indian film, it's either Kgf2 or Bahubali 2 I think. Bollywood all opening records are now Pathaan 

Dangal/RRR never had double digit dailies in Chinese/Japan BO ?

3 minutes ago, NamakFiskKa said:

Dangal/RRR never had double digit dailies in Chinese/Japan BO ?

Dangal was very leggy in China, don't think it ever had a 100M RMB day though. It was done with the rest of the world by the time it got to China, and to get 106 Crore, it would have needed 100-120M RMB depending on the exchange rate.

On 1/20/2023 at 10:57 AM, grim22 said:

With the release on 25th Jan, Pathaan can't break any OD records. But should help create a big number for the first 2 days with the Republic day holiday, and then a 5 day opening stretch with the weekend right after. 

If it works well, the first 5 days number should come close to 150 Crore Plus. 

I was wrong, 150 Crore is done in 3 days and before Saturday/Sunday even gets here. will be 230-240Crore over 5 days in Hindi.

https://www.boxofficeindia.com/report-details.php?articleid=7511

Pathaan Friday Early Estimate - Record Weekend

Pathaan will gross around 35-36 crore nett in Hindi on its third day giving it a record first weekend of 158-159 crore nett finishing way ahead of KGF 2 which had a weekend of 140.50 crore nett. Since release it has basically smashed every record in the book.

Despite business being pretty dull post pandemic all initial records have actually been broken with KGF2 and now within a year Pathaan has come to smash KGF 2. The numbers of Pathaan will continue to swell on Saturday and Sunday and it will cruise pass the 200 crore nett mark on Saturday and it will not surprise if the film becomes the highest grossing original Hindi film by the end of business on Sunday with collections over 250 crore nett.

• Astonished 1

Been doing a SRK retrospective, and his 2000-2010 run is kind of amazing. The sheer variety of roles, movies and filmmakers is crazy. Even the box office success was there for almost all of them minus Phir Bhi Dil Hai Hindustani and One Two ka Four. In fact, that run is probably SRK at his most confident and highest drawing power, most of these movies go nowhere without him. The issue was that all focus at that time turned to the 100 Crore and 200 Crore club instead of the hits SRK was giving. This caused his bad 2010s where he started chasing that club as well.

Like just look at this decade, its exactly what we would like from a star to lend their starpower to:

PBDHH, Josh, Mohabbatein, One 2 ka 4, Asoka, K3G, Devdas, Chalte Chalte, KHNH, Main Hoon Na, Veer Zaara, Swades, Paheli, KANK, Don, Chak De, Om Shanti Om, Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi, Billu, My Name is Khan. 

That's a murderers row of movies. SRK was the only actor who could have even thought of stepping into Amitabh's shoes twice in the same year - once with Don and once with KBC. PBDHH was 15 years ahead of the curve with the media criticism. Only One 2 ka 4 is actually a bad movie, and even that has its good points. If only the box office chase was not so crazy following Dabangg and Ghajini, maybe we would have got another decade like that in the 10s instead of Ra.One, Don 2, Jab Tak Hai Jaan, Happy New Year (which I quite enjoy tbh) and so on. Also it felt like the directors of Dear Zindagi, Jab Harry Met Sejal, Fan, Raees, Zero did not know how to use SRK's starpower to their advantage unlike Chak De India, Swades, Paheli etc. did.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, grim22 said:

The issue was that all focus at that time turned to the 100 Crore and 200 Crore club instead of the hits SRK was giving. This caused his bad 2010s where he started chasing that club as well.

I think SRK should have swapped scripts with Akshay Kumar films (especially the drama ones) from the Post Teesmar Khan 2012-2018 timeline.

Akshay moved on from his late 00s peak of comedy/action routine and made some very solid script choices during this time but every non-gimmicky films he did I think would have been twice as impactful/successful if you imagine SRK in his place.

Pathaan - ₹313 Cr WW (3-days Total)

India (NBOC) - ₹166.75 Cr

Day 1 - ₹55 Cr Hindi / ₹2.00 Cr Tamil+Telugu

Day 2 - ₹68 Cr Hindi / ₹2.50 Cr Tamil+Telugu

Day 3 - ₹38 Cr Hindi / ₹1.25 Cr Tamil+Telugu

Total - ₹161 Cr Hindi / ₹5.75 Cr Tamil+Telugu

India (GBOC) - ₹201 Cr / OS - ₹112 Cr

Edited by Issac Newton
  • Like 1

Akshay is wise in the way that he always did movies that was the current trend. But he has been quality over quantity and his recent movies were awful lol. One of many reasons why he never had all time blockbusters like Salman, Hrithik, Amir or now SRK.

Edited by Saul Goodman

Pathan is going mental

Pathaan Going Berserk On Saturday - Targets Another Half Century
Saturday 28 January 2023 15.00 IST
Box Office India Trade Network
Google+ Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Addthis

Pathaan is going berserk on Saturday as the film targets another half century which would have been unthinkable before the film released, It is only half a day yet but another 50 crore nett day is very much on for the film. It will make it three 50 crore nett days for the film when all the other films put together have only done this three times.

The growth has been huge across the country on Saturday morning and afternoon though it coudl be a little less in the evening as Friday evening saw very strong occupancy. The 50 crore nett number is a headline number for Saturday and hopefully its get there but even if its a crore or two short it hardly makes much difference as the film will well over 200 crore nett in four days and be well over 250 crore nett for the fived day weekend. 

If 50 crore nett is breached today then the film could even target 270 or 275 crore nett for the five day weekend. There are no words to describe what is happening at the ground level and the response to this film and long may it continue.  Also the film is always surpassing expectations so if it goes over 50 crore nett it will be no surprise.

The Delhi / UP circuit is doing unprecedented business which is huge for the long run of this film as this market sustains well in the long run. Gujarat / Saurashtra another long runner is excellent but not as strong but if this market goes to that unprecedented / extraordinary level on Sunday this film is going to run and run for a very long time.

• Like 1

im an ignoramus

I saw the pthaan trailer and it didnt look too different from something gerard butler would do for some quick cash (or the recent bad F&F at the very best), didnt even look all that insane why is this whats breaking records? 

from my ignorant perspective, based mostly on the trailers, I could understand why some of the recent big indian hits performed well ww, but im a bit confused by this one

surely Khan's name isnt enough to drag a fairly generic-looking action move into record breaking territory?

Edited by interiorgatordecorator
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, interiorgatordecorator said:

im an ignoramus

I saw the pthaan trailer and it didnt look too different from something gerard butler would do for some quick cash (or the recent bad F&F at the very best), didnt even look all that insane why is this whats breaking records? 

from my ignorant perspective, based mostly on the trailers, I could understand why some of the recent big indian hits performed well ww, but im a bit confused by this one

surely Khan's name isnt enough to drag a fairly generic-looking action move into record breaking territory?

SRK movie hasn't released in nearly 4 years and he hasn't had a proper boxoffice hit for a while...so there was lot of anticipation for his return among his fans. Controversy from Indian RightWing's calls to boycott movie also probably helped in increasing awareness of the movie and some free publicity. And the genre of the movie definitely helped. India is also lot more star driven market than Hollywood. Whenever a big star like SRK does a big commercial movie, it tends to open quite well as it caters to wide variety of audience. 

I still haven't watched it yet but apparently this movie is part of SPYverse series which already had 2 movies previously and those were quite popular. tbh I don't think everyone is familiar that this movie is part of Spyverse before watching it but it's still one of the selling factors with some impact

Edited by upriser7