Fake

Indian Box Office Thread | Jawan overtakes Pathaan, becomes highest grossing Indian movie of 2023

3 hours ago, interiorgatordecorator said:

what magic trick did baahubali 2 pull to gross nearly 3x the first one?

On 6/23/2020 at 5:58 PM, charlie Jatinder said:

450px-South_Asian_Language_Families.jpg

The North India is Indo-Aryan speakers, of which Hindi is biggest one, which almost everyone in North India is either first speaker or second. Me personally, Hindi is my third language after Punjabi and English. There are other languages Gujarati, Punjabi, Bengali, etc

This is the language map of India. North & South. Most of the film cater to one of two. Baahubali was first to breakout in both and realise true potential of India.

1 hour ago, NamakFiskKa said:

So jawaan has a decent chance of doing in South India what Pathan did in north

not at the same level.  It will definitely open bigger than Pathan or any other Bollywood movie in South but it will still be far away from what likes of Baahubali, KGF, RRR collected in South.

5 hours ago, upriser7 said:

are you asking just about Domestic or WW ? It should cross $100M Worldwide but I don't think it will cross $100M domestic. Under current exchange rates, Dangal would have been around $65M

Under current exchange rates & 60-80% ticket price increase Dangal would have been around $100M+

Edit- around $90M

Edited by Factcheck

2 hours ago, TRISTAN said:

From one relative who saw Pathan....

"Today I watched, Batman Begins, Mission Impossible 5, Wanted, Mission Impossible 2, Die another Day, G.I. Joe, KGF & End game all together. Opps !!! I just witnessed PATHAAN. I want my money back 😭🔙"

My relatives about Vikram Vedha.

They were asking why Hrithik Roshan hasn't had a movie in so many years, i told them about Vikram Vedha, they aksed me when is it releasing. I told them it released months ago, they were shocked.

You see Atleast for Pathaan people are spending money, not even a hummingbird went to watch Flop Vikram Vedha. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, THUNDER BIRD said:

They were asking why Hrithik Roshan hasn't had a movie in so many years, i told them about Vikram Vedha, they aksed me when is it releasing. I told them it released months ago, they were shocked.

You see Atleast for Pathaan people are spending money, not even a hummingbird went to watch Flop Vikram Vedha. 

Vikram Veda was an unnecessary remake..... So, that's why it flopped.... It was nothing to do with that film's quality. But Pathan is just another typical copycat remix of 10 other Hollywood movies.

7 hours ago, interiorgatordecorator said:

what magic trick did baahubali 2 pull to gross nearly 3x the first one?

Simply because Baahubali 1 was on another level both creativity wise and production standard wise than any other Indian movies before which contributed to the level of admiration and anticipation for Baahubali 2 among whole of Indian cinema going audience. Pathaan & all other hindi blockbusters really pale in comparison to Baahubali franchise in terms of ingenuity and visual freshness.

1 hour ago, TRISTAN said:

Vikram Veda was an unnecessary remake..... So, that's why it flopped.... It was nothing to do with that film's quality. But Pathan is just another typical copycat remix of 10 other Hollywood movies.

Hollywood WISHES they could pull off a Pathaan.

Pathaan was just RCE VFX away from blowing away Top Gun Maverick.

Edited by THUNDER BIRD
  • Heart 1
  • Haha 1

23 hours ago, Issac Newton said:

Pathaan - ₹313 Cr WW (3-days Total)

India (NBOC) - ₹166.75 Cr

Day 1 - ₹55 Cr Hindi / ₹2.00 Cr Tamil+Telugu

Day 2 - ₹68 Cr Hindi / ₹2.50 Cr Tamil+Telugu

Day 3 - ₹38 Cr Hindi / ₹1.25 Cr Tamil+Telugu

Total - ₹161 Cr Hindi / ₹5.75 Cr Tamil+Telugu

India (GBOC) - ₹201 Cr / OS - ₹112 Cr

Day 4 - ₹51.50 Cr Hindi / ₹1.75 Cr Tamil+Telugu

Total - ₹212.50 Cr Hindi / ₹7.50 Cr Tamil+Telugu

India (NBOC) - ₹53.25 Cr / ₹220 Cr

India (GBOC) - ₹64.00 Cr / ₹265 Cr

Overseas - ₹52.00 Cr / ₹164 Cr

Worldwide - ₹116.00 Cr / ₹429 Cr

• Like 2

4 hours ago, THUNDER BIRD said:

em about Vikram Vedha, they aksed me when is it releasing. I told them it released months ago, they were shocked.

I think Jio Studios are just unlucky at BO.
The performance of VV and Bhediya is an anomaly (not in a good way) , one of the few decent bollywood movies of 2022.

• Like 1

Watched Pathan. Fun time at the theatre. It was a combo of Mission impossible, James bond esque romance, fast and furious, saaho, war ..etc. Proper mediocrity on display, but thoroughly entertaining. This movie is definitely a comeback boxoffice wise for Srk in a big way, but acting wise, I have seen much better srk in action movies. He was solid.

I feel John was the real deal in this. Mind you, he is no thespian, but boy he was presented in a much cooler fashion and delivered a cool villain act. Felt more sympathetic for him than Pathan. Deepika was good too. 

The references to Kabir and Tiger showing up in a long action scene was nice and made the movie better than it had any right to be. Vfx was dodgy as hell, but doesn't matter. It was just Sid delivering mediocrity in a thoroughly entertaining fashion.

Bang Bang, War, Pathan. Guy knows how to present his stars in the best fashion possible. The bigger budget he gets, the more crazy he gets. Lord Sid please keep delivering these throughly entertaining khichdi action flicks. Keep going crazier. Hollywood should call him for the next fast and furious. Until then, looking forward to his next khichdi, Fighter.

Record of Pathan will be intact for a good couple of years. Will be very tough to beat in India, overseas and globally. No Bollywood film in the last 2-3 years had as much organic buzz or hype as Pathan. The boxoffice numbers prove that. A big budget commercial comeback vehicle for Srk mounted by the biggest studio in India. There was always bound to be pent up demand. Add the whole spy universe thing, which elevated the buzz.

The more promising movies of Srk coming out this year will do well, but not these numbers. Tiger3 will be close.

The next tiger/pathan duo mission might do it. Whenever that comes out. Aditya chopra will direct it.

Edited by marveldcfox
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, THUNDER BIRD said:

What happened to Vikram Vedha? It was supposed to be on OTT in early January and there's still no sign of it.

13 minutes ago, grim22 said:

What happened to Vikram Vedha? It was supposed to be on OTT in early January and there's still no sign of it.

The makers were absolutely idiots. Spent all the money making an expensive movie, but totally failed at narketing. They didnt even attempt to remove original VV or dubbed version from streaming platforms. At least Ajay had the sense to do it with drishyam2. 

That and they chose wrong release period, during dusshera when hindi families don't go out much. They promoted alcoholia when the movie had much better songs albeit non commercial to promote.

It was a damn good movie, but stigma of being a scene to scene remake of a movie that everyone had watched during pandemic did not help it all. 

A good movie that was a commercial failure for all involved due to dim wits in charge of promotion /marketing.

Also, since original /dubbed is widely available on OTT and played on TV channels, there is no point of this coming to OTT. 

Edited by marveldcfox
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, marveldcfox said:

Watched Pathan. Fun time at the theatre. It was a combo of Mission impossible, James bond esque romance, fast and furious, saaho, war ..etc. Proper mediocrity on display, but thoroughly entertaining. This movie is definitely a comeback boxoffice wise for Srk in a big way, but acting wise, I have seen much better srk in action movies. He was solid.

I feel John was the real deal in this. Mind you, he is no thespian, but boy he was presented in a much cooler fashion and delivered a cool villain act. Felt more sympathetic for him than Pathan. Deepika was good too. 

The references to Kabir and Tiger showing up in a long action scene was nice and made the movie better than it had any right to be. Vfx was dodgy as hell, but doesn't matter. It was just Sid delivering mediocrity in a thoroughly entertaining fashion.

Bang Bang, War, Pathan. Guy knows how to present his stars in the best fashion possible. The bigger budget he gets, the more crazy he gets. Lord Sid please keep delivering these throughly entertaining khichdi action flicks. Keep going crazier. Hollywood should call him for the next fast and furious. Until then, looking forward to his next khichdi, Fighter.

Record of Pathan will be intact for a good couple of years. Will be very tough to beat in India, overseas and globally. No Bollywood film in the last 2-3 years had as much organic buzz or hype as Pathan. The boxoffice numbers prove that. A big budget commercial comeback vehicle for Srk mounted by the biggest studio in India. There was always bound to be pent up demand. Add the whole spy universe thing, which elevated the buzz.

The more promising movies of Srk coming out this year will do well, but not these numbers. Tiger3 will be close.

The next tiger/pathan duo mission might do it. Whenever that comes out. Aditya chopra will direct it.

So when we get the avengers team up film :)