Fake

Indian Box Office Thread | Jawan overtakes Pathaan, becomes highest grossing Indian movie of 2023

Media and Industry back in 2001 promoted Lagaan which was sent to Oscars, and shafted Gadar.

Not that Lagaan didn't deserve its publicity, but treatment of Gadar by Bollywood was unfair. 

And now it is 2023 when their urban nonsense is failing at Boc Office repeatedly, and Gadar 2 is doing well at ticket window. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, oMeriMombatti said:

After a long time I saw a bollywood movie in theatre and it's OMG2. I am not exaggerating but it's one of the best movies to ever come out of bollywood, if you have time, watch this one, not a single (yes single) dull moment in 150 min runtime movie.

Better than omg ? 

1 hour ago, Torontofan said:

Gadar 2 gonna become an all time hit like the first ?

Film is like old school films in smaller theaters

It will become All time Hit no doubt but it's collection would be low, compared to the amount of tickets it has sold.

Ticket Prices are too low. The 4 Single Theatres in my Locality all have been running House full all shows past weekend, which has not happened in last 14-15 years. The Ticket Prices are just 1$-2$.

• Like 1

On 8/12/2023 at 10:01 AM, THUNDER BIRD said:

I see lots of salty people in Social Media regarding Gadar 2, they are more of your urban idiots who prefer Flop movies like Rocky Rani and whatever.

They are not happy at all.

how is Rocky Rani a flop ? Its gonna end up doing 300Cr+ gross Worldwide. Probably an above average run in India but a blockbuster in overseas. It's 3rd weekend numbers in US are on-par with opening weekend numbers og Gadar2,OMG2

Edited by upriser7

Is India BO back to its peak. Lots of mega blockbusters domestic. Some are bollywood and others are Pan Indian movies. Plus Hollywood has had good runs with Guardians 3, MI7 and Oppenheimer. Even Barbie had a good run for the content. @across the Jat verse what would India BO finish this year at? I know its a difficult number to estimate with diverse industries and box office reporting not perfect yet?

3 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

Is India BO back to its peak. Lots of mega blockbusters domestic. Some are bollywood and others are Pan Indian movies. Plus Hollywood has had good runs with Guardians 3, MI7 and Oppenheimer. Even Barbie had a good run for the content. @across the Jat verse what would India BO finish this year at? I know its a difficult number to estimate with diverse industries and box office reporting not perfect yet?

In terms of admits, I don't think it will be back to peak again. ATP has increased a ton in last 5 years. Even in South which is lot more movie crazy than North, a section of audience movie going habits have gone down post-covid & streaming effect. They might probably go to theaters once in a while for a big event movie but that's about it. Repeat audience have also gone down. Small-Medium budget films in South come onto streaming platform just within 4-6 weeks these days...so it's really hard for these movies to attract audiences to theatres unless it gets amazing WOM/reviews. If not, people just wait to see it on streaming platform in few weeks anyways

• Like 1

2 hours ago, keysersoze123 said:

Is India BO back to its peak. Lots of mega blockbusters domestic. Some are bollywood and others are Pan Indian movies. Plus Hollywood has had good runs with Guardians 3, MI7 and Oppenheimer. Even Barbie had a good run for the content.

+ FX and AtSV which took the animation record 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Torontofan said:

Idk why people doubted Gadar 2

First film was one of the most popular bollywood movies ever.

Because ghayal movie was also blockbuster but ghayal 2 flopped. Even sunny deol is surprised by the results. That should tell you

• Like 1

This one is now going for 500+. Pathan is no longer safe. Who would have thought that was possible. Now Jawan and Tiger3 will be chasing this. 

I have doubts on Jawan because both gadar 2 and omg 2 are doing well. They are original gadar and lagaan on steroids. In the south, Jailer is doing big numbers. Audience will burn out their cash by the time Jawan comes.