Fake

Indian Box Office Thread | Jawan overtakes Pathaan, becomes highest grossing Indian movie of 2023

13 hours ago, Gavin Feng said:

too many audience said that the second half is very awful. And I think it may not be that huge in China if that’s true:

Hide contents

almost no dinosaurs in the second half

First one hour is good , next 40mts goes awry with awful plot and then last 20mts it recovers some what & ends on avg note , else would have been panned completely

• Like 1

Fallen Kingdom Strong - Incredibles 2 Decent Start

Jurassic World - Fallen Kingdom is doing very well at the box office and has performed better at the box office than the recent Hindi films be it Parmanu - The Story Of Pokhran, Veere Di Wedding or Race 3. Its the same story in terms of appreciation well with Jurassic World - Fallen Kingdom sustaining well despite Race 3 releasing in its second week.

The business will 20 crore nett better than Parmanu - the Story Of Pokhran and around 5 crore nett better than Veere Di Wedding as it probably finish in the 82-84 crore nett range for its lifetime business. The business will be lower than Race 3 but that is an under performer and not been liked by the audience 

The collections of Jurassic World - Fallen Kingdom till date are as follows

Week One - 52,18,00,000

Second Week - 17,50,00,000 apprx 

Friday - 1,25,00,000 apprx

TOTAL - 70,93,00,000 apprx

The Hollywood animation film Incredibles 2 took a good start with business in the 3.75-4 crore nett range. The Incredibles which was released in 2004 and had Shahrukh Khan dubbing for a character did 2.50 crore lifetime business.

https://www.boxofficeindia.com/report-details.php?articleid=4050

Edit - I2's 1st day business = 1.5x TI's Lifetime total.

Edited by oMeriMombatti
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Premium George said:

Holy shit at race 3 drop. It will only do 170 cr. May even do less than tiger shroff's bhagi 2.

Padmavat, and infinity war will remain at the top until ToH. 

90% drop week on week. Horrible drop. TOH and Zero should do well. I have a good feeling about Sanju, I think it can do 200Cr if good.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, grim22 said:

90% drop week on week. Horrible drop. TOH and Zero should do well. I have a good feeling about Sanju, I think it can do 200Cr if good.

It's raj kumar hirani. It will be good. Looking at the state of market, a padmavat like performance will not surprise me. I don't know the release schedule tho.

1 minute ago, Premium George said:

It's raj kumar hirani. It will be good. Looking at the state of market, a padmavat like performance will not surprise me. I don't know the release schedule tho.

I read the Sanjay Dutt biography last week, there's a lot to cull from for the movie. The guy lived a ridiculous life which would seem far fetched if not for being real. There's nothing else big on the release map for a while after Sanju.  There's Dhadak in mid July which can go either way, Gold should do well over Independence Day and then nothing of note till Thugs of Hindostan.

The release schedule is currently full of movies which haven't even completed filming and probably won't make the tentative dates: http://www.koimoi.com/new-movies/upcoming-releases/

Maikarnika, Batti Gul, Sui Dhaaga, Paltan etc. are all still filming. The only movies which are guaranteed release on the dates right now are Thugs on Diwali, Student of the Year 2 and Zero over Christmas.

• Like 1

Even if it's remotely good , Sanju should do over 300cr nett since it has tag of Raj Kumar Hirani & being Sanjay Dutt bipoic. 

Day1 should well go over 30cr nett.

I am interested to see how it does in China since 3idiots and PK which opened the market for Amir Khan in China are Raj Kumar Hirani films.

#BigNews: @comScore [formerly @Rentrak] is tracking India *theatrical* biz of #Sanju... @comScore is going beyond multiplexes this time and tracking a large number of independent cinemas and single screens too for #Sanju... Will be wonderful to see transparency in BO data...

The opening of SANJU is absolutely gigantic. ~35cr Friday won't surprise me. This is going to be the biggest Blockbuster of Ranbir Kapoor's career. WOM and reviews are not as good as previous Hirani films but even that is still better than 99% Bollywood movies so it  should still cross 300cr nett at the Indian B.O and 20M+ foreign. This 20M doesn't include China because I have no idea how it'll do there.

Huge start for Sanju: https://www.boxofficeindia.com/report-details.php?articleid=4069

Sanju had a huge first day recording the sixth highest opening day of all time and the third highest non holiday of all time in terms of NETT collections. The film has collected a huge 34 crore nett apprx on day one and this is after an excellent start but not a bumper one. The morning looked a 29-30 crore start but it has pushed through the day and when doing that at these levels it means a huge box office run.

The film made ground through the day outside the metros to record very good collections at the end of the day and this is a huge plus for the weekend as the upward momentum could continue on Saturday and Sunday.

1 hour ago, Premium George said:

I think more than a chance.

With the success of Sanju, its only a matter of time before we get Sallu where we find out he only killed the Black Bucks because they were threatening kids and farmers in the area. And he wasn't even near the scene of the crime when the pavement dwellers were killed.

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, grim22 said:

With the success of Sanju, its only a matter of time before we get Sallu where we find out he only killed the Black Bucks because they were threatening kids and farmers in the area. And he wasn't even near the scene of the crime when the pavement dwellers were killed.

Lol, that reminds me of Imraan hashmi azrahuddin biopic. He fixed the match so that others don't fix. Top level whitewash.

9 minutes ago, grim22 said:

Sanju Heads Towards Becoming Biggest HIT Of 2018

Sanju is heading to becoming the biggest HIT of the year as it grosses 39 crore nett on Saturday as per early estimates. This takes its two day business to 73 crore nett but its the demographics of the collections which suggest the biggest HIT of 2018. The tests will come on Monday and second Friday but the trend suggests it is set for a huge run.

The growth is 15% but that is not an issue as its more about where its coming from since yesterday morning. Some places opened with shows at 8-9k and now are treble that. The film is the sort where its not expected to get 2 crore nett in Rajasthan on Saturday but that is what has happened. If not 2 crore nett then very close which for this film is simply crazy.

The metros where it was expected to be huge are huge but the bonus is the B centre multiplexes which normally do not come on board so fast for these type of social dramas. It started with Sanju on day one. A similar genre like Dangal started behaving well in these places post the weekend in the Xmas period. Mumbai city was a huge 3.15 crore nett on day one while Delhi city was 2.85 crore nett. These are non Bahubali records for day one.

https://www.boxofficeindia.com/report-details.php?articleid=4072

7 minutes ago, Premium George said:

Lol, that reminds me of Imraan hashmi azrahuddin biopic. He fixed the match so that others don't fix. Top level whitewash.

Oh my god, that movie was so so so so so so so (insert like a million other so's) awful. If he won the match for India in the end, why the hell was that match even under investigation in the first place :thinking: 

And the fake names for cricketers :rofl: