Fake

Indian Box Office Thread | Jawan overtakes Pathaan, becomes highest grossing Indian movie of 2023

It was Sister v Brother yesterday at the B.O yesterday and the sis has come out on top and how.

https://www.boxofficeindia.com/report-details.php?articleid=3983

Veere Di Wedding had a very good first day of 10.75 crore nett apprx which is hugely unexpected. It is the highest opening day ever for a film without a major male lead beating the numbers of Tanu Weds Manu Returns and Mary Kom. There have been films like Ragini MMS 2 and Jism 2 which have opened as strongly if not better than Veere Di Wedding in the morning but they have not gone to sustain through the day like Veere Di Wedding.

The other release Bhavesh Joshi Superhero had poor collections of 25-30 lakhs nett and the director has done this before with Udaan (29 lakhs) and Trapped (25 lakhs) and obviously makes cinema that no one wants to see but the industry takes a lot of time to learn that facts and figures rarely lie.

VDW - ~$2.1M

BJS - ~$.06M

On 02/06/2018 at 11:47 AM, oMeriMombatti said:

It was Sister v Brother yesterday at the B.O yesterday and the sis has come out on top and how.

Who's the sister and brother at the box office?

How's Raazi doing? Been a fan of Alia Bhatt. Think she has great Hollywood crossover potential. Paul Feig expressed interest in working with her.

16 minutes ago, Spidey Freak said:

How's Raazi doing? Been a fan of Alia Bhatt. Think she has great Hollywood crossover potential. Paul Feig expressed interest in working with her.

Sonam Kapoor, Harshvardhan Kapoor

• Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, Spidey Freak said:

Raazi is doing great. Crossed 100 cr. Female lead movies are doing great this year.

• Thanks 1

For a movie that’s supposed to make a lot of money and which opens tomorrow, JW2 is not really doing good in presales here in Mumbai (city in West India and the biggest BO market in the country). 

Even Kaala (a South Indian movie) is selling better. Now Kaala was always gonna do better in South India (and damage JW2’s prospects there) but I thought JW2 would do better here. 

Also the weatherman is forecasting very heavy rainfall over the weekend from Friday to Monday in the city. Some are even saying it could be as bad as 26th July 2005 when close to a meter of rain fell in 24 hours (8th highest recorded ever!) which killed nearly a 1000 people. If rains are even less than half as bad then business will be severely affected. 

3 minutes ago, Sam said:

@ZeeSoh JW did $22M in India (according to BOM). That’s big for a HLW movie. Even though presales ain’t looking good, but you think FK can match the total of JW?

Apart from the 2 factors working against it that I mentioned above, it also has a huge Bollywood movie coming out in its 2nd weekend which will take away a lot of audience and screens regardless if it is good or bad. Schools are also opening from mid June. 

But hollywood movies this year have done very well (except Solo). BP did good, Deadpool increased a lot over the first one and IW broke every record there was. The first one was very well liked here and was incredibly leggy (for indian market). So JW2 has all this going for it and it is anticipated as well. 

Generally my predictions lean somewhat conservative so I’m gonna go with a lower gross than the first one but not by a huge margin. 

• Like 2

We, here in Mumbai, have a thunderstorm warning for the entire week peaking over this weekend. Rainfalls have already caused delayed trains and flights as well as flooding and traffic jams in some areas. 

And this is already affecting the BO And JW2 it looks like. Its presales for remaining shows today and tomorrow do not look good. Some are even worse than Solo (especially IMAX). 

Another reason could be that some people might not have been aware it is coming out on Thursday instead of Friday. Usually movies come out here on Friday. 

I agree with @ZeeSoh, I had predicted it to do 28M in India but I would be very surprised if it matched JW1 here. Having seen the movie myself and getting small sample set of audience reaction, I think WOM is going to be mixed plus there's no 3D so cheap tkts compared to last one. Matching JW1's total would be an achievement in my book.

Also Race3 is releasing next week which is going to be the biggest/2nd biggest movie of the year and will take away a lot of screens from JW:TFK

Edited by oMeriMombatti

Opening on Thursday was bad idea.It should have been released on Friday.

Bookmyshow currently has it at 78% , which indicates average response. 

Average critic reviews on this site is 2.3/5 indicates pretty bad.Part1 was at 3.2/5.

Now , it surely won't have the legs of part1 after this response.

21 minutes ago, Nostalgia said:

Why all of sudden Hollywood stopped dumping in 3D ?

Whatever the reason , I am so happy. 😁

Watching in 3D was such a pain.

The studio had issue with theatre chains regarding revenue sharing for 3d and 3d glasses due to which the theatre owners decided not to show the movie in 3d. 

16 minutes ago, Nostalgia said:

Opening on Thursday was bad idea.It should have been released on Friday.

Bookmyshow currently has it at 78% , which indicates average response. 

Average critic reviews on this site is 2.3/5 indicates pretty bad.Part1 was at 3.2/5.

Now , it surely won't have the legs of part1 after this response.

Maybe it wanted to have as many days as possible before Race 3 opens and takes away a lot of audience and screens from it. But yeah it seems many people were unaware it was coming out a day in advance due to the poor presales

The first movie was unusually leggy for a big Hollywood movie. No way was this gonna match that even with great reception. 

• Like 1

Last week it was Bollywood release Veere Di Wedding that did the trick and took a double-digit start. This week it is going to be Jurassic World – Fallen Kingdom that should find good audience footfalls in theaters. Even though there hasn’t been much hype surrounding the film prior to release, the franchise factor should ensure that there is a loyal set of audiences that walks in.

Back in 2015 when Jurassic World had released, it had collected 4.75 crore on its opening day. However, the sequel is now expected to collect at least double of it. First and foremost Hollywood films are finding better traction than before. Secondly, the release is also much huger this time around. Moreover, Jurassic World had enjoyed very good sustenance at the Box Office and had played on for long. That should further add on to the recall value.

http://www.koimoi.com/box-office/box-office-jurassic-world-fallen-kingdom-all-set-for-a-good-start/

Top 10 Films South (Distributor Share Wise) 

1. Baahubali 2 (Telugu) (Includes Dub) - 800cr +

2.Baahubali 1 (Telugu) (Includes Dub) - 300cr +

3.Kabali (Tamil) (Includes Dub) - 155cr +

4.Enthiran (Tamil) (Includes Dub) - 155cr

5.Mersal (Tamil)  - 125cr +

6.Rangasthalam (Telugu) - 120cr + 

7.I (Tamil) (Includes Dub) - 120cr 

8.Bharat Ane Nenu (Telugu) -105cr

9.Khaidi No 150 (Telugu) - 102cr

10.Srimanthudu (Telugu) - 85cr 

• Like 1

Jurassic World - Fallen Kingdom had a fair opening with first day collections around the 5.75-6 crore nett mark. The opening is not huge compared with recent Hollywood releases with Avengers - Infinity War breaking all records and even Deadpool 2 opening close to the 10 crore nett mark.

The original Jurassic Park released in 1994 was the first huge blockbuster in India from Hollywood as it became the fifth or sixth highest grossing film that year if we include Hindi films. Jurassic World released in 2015 did well as it grossed close to 90 crore nett and that film started at around 4.25 crore nett with a Thursday release liek Jurassic World - Fallen Kingdom.

It will be very difficult for Fallen Kingdom to repeat the feat of Jurassic World but the four day weekend should be decent as families come on Saturday and Sunday.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, grim22 said:

I watched Jurassic World 2 today. Didn't like it. It's entertaining enough but the second half is very bad.

too many audience said that the second half is very awful. And I think it may not be that huge in China if that’s true:

Spoiler

almost no dinosaurs in the second half

Edited by Gavin Feng

3 hours ago, Gavin Feng said:

too many audience said that the second half is very awful. And I think it may not be that huge in China if that’s true:

Hide contents

almost no dinosaurs in the second half

Um....that spoiler tag: those people definitely haven’t seen the film then 😂

• Like 1