Fake

Indian Box Office Thread | Jawan overtakes Pathaan, becomes highest grossing Indian movie of 2023

1 minute ago, ZeeSoh said:

Solo shows finially listed for prebooking just 1 day and few hours before opening. For comparision IW and even deadpool opened many days in advance. 

Even on Wednesday night the number of theatres and screens listed are abysmally low. But what is even lower is the amount of ticket sold. 

Only 1 of the 3 IMAX has shows listed for the weekend and not a single ticket has been sold when usually IMAX shows are the first to get full. Most of the other shows in normal 3d too have no tickets sold yet and those that have sold have only sold a few. 

This emoticon perfectly captures Solo’s performance in India :hahaha:

India does not care about Star Wars. TFA opened in 3rd place in India behind Dilwale and Bajirao Mastani second weekend. India loves superheroes.

Very bad start for Solo in India with only about 3.5-4m in local currency or about 51-59k usd on Friday 😂. At this rate reaching even half a million usd will be a struggle. 

For comparision, yesterday was Infinity Wars fifth Friday and it did about half of the above number (2m in lc)

But then again SW was never a big brand in India. 

Deadpool 2 dropped 85% from opening Friday and collected about 12.5-15m lc on Friday. Its doing poorly in local languages and is being propped up by business in English. Total upto now is about $6.3m usd based on current ER. DP2 is turning out to be quite frontloaded n

Edited by ZeeSoh
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Deadpool 2 is performing like an X-Men film now. Deadpool 3 has no chance of happening now. X-force is on shaky grounds after performance of DP2. Said it a while ago in the DP2 thread that it will struggle to match original at domestic box-office, but possibly under 260M. Yikes. Fox was stupid of releasing it in may. Should have stuck with June release or pushed it to August. 

Solo earned around 266k USD in India in its OW. Thats just terrible. Probably wont even get to half a million here which will be a drop of around 80% from TLJ. 

Seems like Deadpool 2 also collapsed in its 2nd weekend but no numbers yet. 

Edited by ZeeSoh
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, ZeeSoh said:

Solo earned around 266k USD in India in its OW. Thats just terrible. Probably wont even get to half a million here which will be a drop of around 80% from TLJ. 

Seems like Deadpool 2 also collapsed in its 2nd weekend but no numbers yet. 

Lol it opened lower than movies like Peter Rabbit, Maze Runner, AQP, Baby Driver all of which grossed 300k+ :D 

On 5/26/2018 at 11:35 AM, ZeeSoh said:

Very bad start for Solo in India with only about 3.5-4m in local currency or about 51-59k usd on Friday 😂. At this rate reaching even half a million usd will be a struggle. 

For comparision, yesterday was Infinity Wars fifth Friday and it did about half of the above number (2m in lc)

But then again SW was never a big brand in India. 

Deadpool 2 dropped 85% from opening Friday and collected about 12.5-15m lc on Friday. Its doing poorly in local languages and is being propped up by business in English. Total upto now is about $6.3m usd based on current ER. DP2 is turning out to be quite frontloaded n

Deadpool has crossed $10M as of this weekend. Should finish with $11.5-12M.

2 hours ago, Fake said:

Deadpool has crossed $10M as of this weekend. Should finish with $11.5-12M.

DP2 was at 7.78m usd gross before Friday and did approximately 256k usd on Friday having fallen 85% from last Friday.  

The 2 bollywood movies playing increased 52 and 77% on Saturday and increased 12-13% on Sunday. Solo actually dropped on Sunday due to the IPL finals. 

Even taking the higher percentage increases Deadpool should still not be able to cross 10m this weekend. I think it will be closer to 9 than 10. And at the rate it is dropping I doubt it gets to 12. Even 11 willbe difficult unless it stabilizes before JW2 gets here 

27 minutes ago, ZeeSoh said:

DP2 was at 7.78m usd gross before Friday and did approximately 256k usd on Friday having fallen 85% from last Friday.  

The 2 bollywood movies playing increased 52 and 77% on Saturday and increased 12-13% on Sunday. Solo actually dropped on Sunday due to the IPL finals. 

Even taking the higher percentage increases Deadpool should still not be able to cross 10m this weekend. I think it will be closer to 9 than 10. And at the rate it is dropping I doubt it gets to 12. Even 11 willbe difficult unless it stabilizes before JW2 gets here 

DP2 was over $9M(48.18 crore nett, 61.77 crore gross) after Thursday only. OW was $6.3M (as reported by Fox) after which it did $2.8M during weekdays.

Boxofficeindia numbers are often inaccurate for Hollywood releases, especially for FOX movies. The ways they continued to underreport Avatar numbers was hilarious.

31 minutes ago, Fake said:

DP2 was over $9M(48.18 crore nett, 61.77 crore gross) after Thursday only. OW was $6.3M (as reported by Fox) after which it did $2.8M during weekdays.

Boxofficeindia numbers are often inaccurate for Hollywood releases, especially for FOX movies. The ways they continued to underreport Avatar numbers was hilarious.

Wow I have never seen such discrepancy between BOI numbers and actual numbers (wasnt there during Avatar’s run). They were fairly accurate for IW. 

40 minutes ago, Premium George said:

Thete is not a single bom like site for indian box office. 0, I will call accurate. BOI is seen as the closest but it lefts much to be desired.

Yeah. I generally go for Taran Adarsh but if he does not give out a number then I go for BOI. If not BOI then I see if others like Koimoi or Ramesh Bala has numbers. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ZeeSoh said:

Wow I have never seen such discrepancy between BOI numbers and actual numbers (wasnt there during Avatar’s run). They were fairly accurate for IW. 

Yeah. Like I said, it seems to be Studio specific problem. 

Take a look at this:

https://www.boxofficeindia.com/art_detail.php?articalid=1986#.WwwmPSXhWWg

Avatar doing 57 crore... What a joke!

• Like 1

Solo earned a tremendously huge, box office shattering, mind blowing...

37.5k USD (estimated) on Monday :rofl:

BOI think this will do max $377k usd total which will be a drop of approximately 84% from TLJ and 66% from Rogue One

Here some cinemas have taken shows from Solo (mostly 4dx and IMAX) and given some back to Deadpool and IW. 

And IW is selling better in both these formats even on its 5th Tuesday than Deadpool in its 2nd Tuesday which itself is selling better than Solo in its 1st Tuesday. At this rate Solo is not gonna be left with many screens come Friday

• Astonished 1

So I planned on seeing Solo with friends this weekend as I couldnt go last weekend. We checked yesterday but showtimes were not listed for any movie for the weekend (fss) so I waited till today. And when I checked today to book seats for Friday or Saturday, there is literally only ONE cinema in the whole city playing just ONE show a day in one of those expensive VIP screens with hardly 20-30 seats 😂 In its second weekend!!!

And the city I live in is the biggest in India, its not like a small one. This is embarassing. I have never seen this happen to a hollywood movie before. I’ll check again tomorrow morning to see if cinemas give some shows to Solo. Hopefully they do so i can see it

I though maybe there is a mistake but nope the IMAX, 4dx screens as well as normal 2d/3d screens have been allotted for other movies including IW/DP2 for the weekend but none for Solo. 

Infinity War has more showtimes in IMAX in its 6th weekend than Deadpool2 whereas DP2 has slightly more 4dx and normal screens. 

Havent had any concrete numbers from trusted local sources for these 3 movies since the weekend. I hope we get one this weekend

Edited by ZeeSoh
  • Like 5

11 hours ago, ZeeSoh said:

So I planned on seeing Solo with friends this weekend as I couldnt go last weekend. We checked yesterday but showtimes were not listed for any movie for the weekend (fss) so I waited till today. And when I checked today to book seats for Friday or Saturday, there is literally only ONE cinema in the whole city playing just ONE show a day in one of those expensive VIP screens with hardly 20-30 seats 😂 In its second weekend!!!

And the city I live in is the biggest in India, its not like a small one. This is embarassing. I have never seen this happen to a hollywood movie before. I’ll check again tomorrow morning to see if cinemas give some shows to Solo. Hopefully they do so i can see it

I though maybe there is a mistake but nope the IMAX, 4dx screens as well as normal 2d/3d screens have been allotted for other movies including IW/DP2 for the weekend but none for Solo. 

Infinity War has more showtimes in IMAX in its 6th weekend than Deadpool2 whereas DP2 has slightly more 4dx and normal screens. 

Havent had any concrete numbers from trusted local sources for these 3 movies since the weekend. I hope we get one this weekend

I'm in Mumbai waiting to get to my hometown and only one theater in Mumbai seems to be playing Solo. I'm planning on watching Parmanu and Raazi double feature tomorrow to feel patriotic. Then Jurassic world next weekend.

• Like 1

Solo - A Star Wars Story is a disaster in India with collections of 2.25 crore nett apprx in week one. The film is out in its second week.

Deadpool 2 is an Average fare thanks to the opening. The film has dropped almost 80% in week two as the Hindi, Tamil and Telugu versions of the film crashed though the English version held a bit better and it managed a 9 crore nett plus week two but there is not much left in the tank and it will probably finish under 55 crore nett. The two week total is 51 crore nett apprx. The collections of Deadpool 2 till date are as follows.

First Week - 41,42,00,000

Week Two - 9,50,00,000 apprx

TOTAL - 50,92,00,000 apprx

Avengers - Infinity War crossed the 225 crore nett mark in its fifth week and is likely to add another 50 lakhs nett for a finish of  226.25 crore nett apprx.

The collections of Avengers - Infinity War till date is as follows

Week One - 1,56,52,00,000 

Week Two - 46,93,00,000 

Week Three  -  15,88,00,000 

Week Four - 4,64,00,000 

Week Five - 1,75,00,000 apprx

TOTAL - 2,25,72,00,000 apprx

https://www.boxofficeindia.com/report-details.php?articleid=3977

DP2 verdict is a bit harsh, it's a clean hit IMO. It has done similar business as SMH and T:R

• Like 4

4 hours ago, grim22 said:

I'm in Mumbai waiting to get to my hometown and only one theater in Mumbai seems to be playing Solo. I'm planning on watching Parmanu and Raazi double feature tomorrow to feel patriotic. Then Jurassic world next weekend.

I was talking about Mumbai also, I live here 😃