grim22

Reports: Jack Nicholson retires from acting

Not sure if true: http://screencrush.com/jack-nicholson-retires/

Perhaps all work and no play really does make Jack a dull boy.

3-time Oscar-winning actor Jack Nicholson has quietly retired from acting according to a new report citing sources close to the 76-year-old actor. The actor reportedly suffering from memory loss and has no further plans to appear in any more movies.

Sources told Radar that Nicholson has “memory issues” and while many might jump to the conclusion that the actor is in the beginning stages of Alzheimer’s, there is no indication he is suffering from any particular disease. Nicholson hasn’t appeared in a film since a supporting role in 2010′s ‘How Do You Know’ with Paul Rudd and Reese Witherspoon.

Thoughts?

Edited by grim22

He's by far my favorite actor, so while I'm not terribly shocked to hear it, I've been in a downbeat mood because of this for a few hours now. Perhaps it's because his last role was such a non-role in a non-movie (even though he managed his career in the 2000s much, much better than the likes of Pacino and DeNiro) - maybe if he agreed to do Nebraska and then went out on top, this news would've had much better air around it? And of course there's the memory loss thing, which I seriously hope isn't the beginning of something terrible. In any case, the man's a legend and hopefully he enjoys his retirement, as Gene Hackman, Sean Connery and Peter O'Toole have already been doing for some time now.

Gene Hackman's last film was Welcome To Mooseport and Sean Connery's was League of Extraordinary Gentleman. I don't want Nicholson, my favourite actor, to go the same route and go out on fucking How Do You Know. He's hopefully got one more great performance in him.

• Like 1

Gene Hackman's last film was Welcome To Mooseport and Sean Connery's was League of Extraordinary Gentleman. I don't want Nicholson, my favourite actor, to go the same route and go out on fucking How Do You Know. He's hopefully got one more great performance in him.

I think there's a reason why these actors go out on these movies. They probably did their last movie and said to themselves, "Fuck it. I'm too old for this thing." It's very hard to go out with a bang because there's always the notion of "I did so well. Maybe I have more in me."