rukaio101

The Anime Thread- Summer 2015

9 hours ago, rukaio101 said:

What was it?

Okay... I gotta ask, but what other big shonens do you follow? Because, unless the anime significantly improves on and/or rewrites the manga, that feels just plain weird to me. In my eyes, Fairy Tail is the shonen manga equivalent of the DCEU. Inexplicably popular despite godawful storytelling. Or at least it has been for the last few years.

I only watch the anime, which I am up to date with. I dropped One Piece and Naruto within the first 20 episodes.

Some review for some of the latest anime movie and series I watched:

FT: Dragon Cry. Yeah, it's a Fairy Tail movie alright. I'll end it at that. B-

A Silent Voice is great and emotional as hell because it struck home a bit too many times, though I feel like the fact it took Ishida dying for half of the cast to actually even begin to try to be, you know, less of a terrible human being (Looking at you, Kawai, Euno) a bit tasteless in the way it kinda glorify death. But overall it's a great film. A-

Wolf Children is beautiful. Sweet and very thoughtful. I couldn't really describe what I feel about it, so I'll just give it an A and be done with it.

Gintama is crazy fun, and the more dramatic parts are very great too. Shaping up to be my favorite anime because it just hits all the sweet spots for me and then some. A+++

AoT 2nd season is fantastic. The gore-fest never really got old, and the character arcs are developing fantastically. The 12 episode season seemed to be for the better after all. A+

Yuri on Ice is fun. I appreciate that it's unapologetically gay and not just yet another queerbait while never crossing the line. A

I'll just give the rest the letter because I don't think anything I could say really means much:

Re:Zero A

Mob Psycho A

SAO: Ordinal Scale B

Dragonball Super B+

Yahari ore no Seishun (I couldn't remember it's English name) A-

Osomatsu-san A+

I'm currently doing a lot of catching up job because I kinda lost lots of interest during the last three years and only got back recently thanks to Your Name reminding me why I love anime so much in the first place (Another reason why I gave it's turning out to be my #1 film of 2016). Any must sees during that three years other than the obvious ones?

On 16/03/2017 at 8:07 AM, SchumacherFTW said:

Just got out from Seeing A silent Voice, I can certainly see why that was a success. Such a sweet little movie. 

Watched it couple nights ago, thought it was okay. Great animation but jeez did it feel overlong.

Check out Blame which came out yesterday on Netflix. That was shit was some fun cyberpunk

@Captain H

Erased and Genroku Rakugo from last year

Edited by eXtacy
  • Like 1

Finally got around to watching Konosuba season 2. Such a good and legitimately funny show. I've also been getting into Shingeki no Bahamut, and it's really been surprising me. Highly recommended if you're looking for something more along the lines of high fantasy.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, SchumacherFTW said:

Your Name is getting released in IMAX here in August. I need new underwear. 

Its getting released in 4k on Blu Ray, and I have a 4k TV. Already have new underwear bought.

14 hours ago, SchumacherFTW said:

WHAT A FINALE FOR ATTACK ON TITAN! That whole season was MASSIVELY improved over the first! So freaking glad they've already confirmed season 3!

I wonder where in the year it will air. Isn't Kabaneri season 2 also scheduled for 2018?