kayumanggi

COMPUTER ANIMATED FILMS thread | SOUL (Jan 12), TURNING RED (Feb 09), and LUCA (Mar 22) return to theaters in 2024

I dunno, I am intrigued at what kind of story they can tell with a 15-year time gap. I wouldn't be surprised of everyone is aged up in real-time. This could be some kind of generational story...

That is always what I hoped it would be. have the kids adults and Mr and Mrs. Incredible grandparents now.

This is just my hope. I have no inside info. I am just thinking that knowing Pixar, and knowing TS3, they would be more willing to acknowledge that there was a huge time gap in real life, bring back the same voice actors to play older versions of the characters, etc. (Yes, I know they're not doing this with Finding Dory, but still.)

Edited by TServo2049
  • Like 1

Jack-Jack would be the same age as Violet was in the first film if they go the 15 years have passed route but then again FD is set only months after the original so it may be they only set it a short time after the original.

Edited by Jonwo

I hope they jump ahead, just so they can bring back the original voices for the entire family. If they don't jump ahead in time, Dash will have to be recast (and Sarah Vowell, the voice of Violet, will be close to 50 when they do the voices).

Edited by TServo2049

I hope they jump ahead, just so they can bring back the original voices for the entire family. If they don't jump ahead in time, Dash will have to be recast (and Sarah Vowell, the voice of Violet, will be close to 50 when they do the voices).

Yeah, he was 11 when the first film was released

Jack Jack as a teenager and Violet and Dash as adults would change the dynamic somewhat with perhaps Bob and Helen either retired as superheroes again

Jack Jack as a teenager and Violet and Dash as adults would change the dynamic somewhat with perhaps Bob and Helen either retired as superheroes again

Yeah, I feel like with something along this line it would allow The Incredible 2 to have a stronger emotional core than the original film.

Record 27 Films Submitted for Animated Feature Oscar Race

http://variety.com/2016/film/news/record-27-films-submitted-for-animated-feature-oscar-race-1201916057/

The Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences has announced a record 27 animated features have been submitted for consideration in this year’s Oscar race.

The submissions are:

“The Angry Birds Movie”
“April and the Extraordinary World”
“Bilal”
“Finding Dory”
“Ice Age: Collision Course”
“Kingsglaive Final Fantasy XV”
“Kubo and the Two Strings”
“Kung Fu Panda 3”
“The Little Prince”
“Long Way North”
“Miss Hokusai”
“Moana”
“Monkey King: Hero Is Back”
“Mune”
“Mustafa & the Magician”
“My Life as a Zucchini”
“Phantom Boy”
“The Red Turtle”
“Sausage Party”
“The Secret Life of Pets”
“Sing”
“Snowtime!”
“Storks”
“Trolls”
“25 April”
“Your Name.”
“Zootopia”

Pixar: No sequels for Ratatouille, WALL-E, or Inside Out anytime soon
http://www.ew.com/article/2016/07/01/pixar-sequels-ratatouille-wall-e-inside-out?xid=entertainment-weekly_socialflow_twitter

Morris says, “Everything after Toy Story and The Incredibles is an original right now.” Following The Incredibles 2 in 2019, Pixar’s next two films — currently listed on Disney’s release schedule for March and June of 2020, respectively — are both originals, independent of one another but both of which take place in “unusual but believable worlds that take us in even other directions than we’ve pursued in the past.” Following those two, Morris says, are two more original films in early development that aren’t dated on the studio’s schedule yet but are “highly likely.” No other sequels are planned at the moment, Morris says.

The upcoming run of sequels (with the exception of Lee Unkrich’s 2017 film Coco, an original about Mexico’s Dia de Muertos) isn’t a cash-grab move by Pixar but more an accidental byproduct of scheduling. “Our plan had been to make an original every year and a sequel every other year, if the idea came forth to do it,” says Morris. “If we add the next films after the current ones, it actually comes out to exactly that: seven sequels in a spate of 21 originals, from the time we were acquired by Disney [in 2006].  So it’s penciled out to be the same portfolio, just not in the order we thought they would be. And a lot of that has to do with when Andrew had a sequel idea, and Brad had a sequel idea…sometimes that’s just how it happens.”

Pixar movies after Finding Dory: Release date calendar
http://www.ew.com/article/2016/06/18/pixar-films

Untitled Pixar Animation 1 & 2

When They’re Out: March 13, 2020; June 19, 2020

Following these four films, there’s a two-for-one special of up-for-grabs stories on Pixar’s future slate. Two untitled projects have been pegged on Disney’s release calendar, both without titles but with dates: The first, scheduled for March 2020, and the second, for June. Interestingly, Pixar has never scheduled a film for March before, and the pairing will mark the studio’s shortest interval between releases; the only close comparison would be the five-month gap between 2015’s June and November originals, Inside Out and The Good Dinosaur.

And beyond…

As of earlier in 2016, EW learned that at least the next four films following The Incredibles 2 were all originals, but take that with a grain of CGI salt. Pixar’s signature story-building process takes years, and the studio has been known to shelve a tale if it simply doesn’t captivate. (R.I.P., Newt.)

TOP 15 COMPUTER ANIMATED MOVIES

01 | 608.6M | INCREDIBLES II

02 | 562.4M | THE SUPER MARIO BROS. MOVIE

03 | 486.3M | FINDING DORY

04 | 477.4M | FROZEN II

05 | 441.2M | SHREK II

06 | 434.0M | TOY STORY IV

07 | 415.0M | TOY STORY III

08 | 401.0M | FROZEN

09 | 380.8M | FINDING NEMO

10 | 369.7M | MINIONS: THE RISE OF GRU

11 | 368.4M | THE SECRET LIFE OF PETS