kayumanggi

COMPUTER ANIMATED FILMS thread | SOUL (Jan 12), TURNING RED (Feb 09), and LUCA (Mar 22) return to theaters in 2024

Wasn't WB planning on making a new Flintstones show with McFarlane? And he walked off the project when they asked him to make it more like his Fox comedies instead of like the original?

I might have some facts crossed but I seem to recall that being the jist.

Pretty much. Fox president at the time enjoyed the script, but didn't approve of it, but Seth didn't want to restart everything, so he abandoned the project. But I believe WAG is planning to make a Flintstones animated movie produced by Will Ferrel and Adam McKay. That sounds pretty cool. And I know WAG has other movies besides Lego, but I can't remember off the top of my head what they're called or what they're about.

• Like 1

I think bringing The Flintstones back to its original form which was essentially an animated sitcom in the same way that The Simpsons and Family Guy are could work but I wonder if McFarlane made too many changes that Fox and Warner Bros weren't happy with. 

Storks is still in development IIRC WB does have a huge animation library but apart from Happy Feet, The Lego Movie and probably Space Jam, they've never had the same success when it came to animated films.

Edited by Jonwo

Updated List of upcoming Animated Films.

If we have further info to what i've listed (out to end of 2017) including potential titles... post away and i'll get it updated. (and eventually add to the first post).

Date Official Movie Title Distributor Release Possible Name / Comments

2014 (Remaining)  
07-Nov-14 Big Hero 6 Buena Vista Wide  
26-Nov-14 Penguins of Madagascar Fox Wide  

2015 .        
06-Feb-15 Spongebob: Sponge out of Water Paramount Wide  
27-Mar-15 Get Hard Warner Brothers Wide  
27-Mar-15 Home Fox Wide  
10-Apr-15 Underdogs Weinstein Company Wide  
29-May-15 Monster Trucks Paramount Wide  
05-Jun-15 B.O.O.: Bureau of Otherwordly Operations Fox Wide  
19-Jun-15 Inside Out Buena Vista Wide  
10-Jul-15 Minions Universal Wide  
25-Sep-15 Hotel Transylvania 2 Sony Wide  
06-Nov-15 The Peanuts Movie Fox Wide  
25-Nov-15 The Good Dinosaur Buena Vista Wide  
23-Dec-15 Kung Fu Panda 3 Fox Wide  

2016 .        
15-Jan-16 The Nut Job 2 Open Road Wide  
12-Feb-16 Pets Project - Untitled Universal Wide  
04-Mar-16 Disney Animation - TBA Buena Vista Wide  
18-Mar-16 Boss Baby Fox Wide  
17-Jun-16 Finding Dory Buena Vista Wide  
01-Jul-16 Angry Birds Sony Wide  
15-Jul-16 Ice Age 5 Fox Wide  
23-Sep-16 Ninjago Warner Bros Wide  
23-Sep-16 Sony Pictures Animation - TBA Sony Wide  
04-Nov-16 Trolls Fox Wide  
23-Nov-16 Disney Animation - TBA Buena Vista Wide  
21-Dec-16 Illumination Enterntainment Anim. - TBA Universal Wide  

2017 .        
13-Jan-17 Captain Underpaints Fox Wide  
10-Feb-17 Warner Animation Group - TBA Warner Bros Wide  
10-Mar-17 Kevin Lima Bollywood Musical - Untitled Fox Wide  
07-Apr-17 Ferdinand Fox Wide  
26-May-17 Lego Movie - Untitled Warner Bros Wide Lego Batman ?
09-Jun-17 How to Train your Dragon 3 Fox Wide  
16-Jun-17 Pixar Animation - Untitled Buena Vista Wide Incredibles 2 ? Or Cars 3 ?
30-Jun-17 Despicable Me 3 Universal Wide  
21-Jul-17 Fox / DWA / Blue Sky - Untitled Fox Wide Popeye ?
22-Sep-17 Sony Pictures Animation - TBA Sony Wide  
17-Nov-17 Dr. Seuss' How the Grinch Stole Christmas Universal Wide  
22-Nov-17 Pixar Animation - Untitled Buena Vista Wide  
22-Dec-17 The Croods 2 Fox Wide  

Edited by Jajang and Back Again
  • Like 1

I just realized something: Where's the Ratchet and Clank movie? Sony keeps saying "early 2015", and outside of a teaser and an E3 trailer, there hasn't been anything else, and it's almost November.

Edited by CoolEric258

Looks like DreamWorks Animation and Pixar have some new competition on their hands, as a joint venture has been announced between Chris Columbus (director of the first two "Harry Potter" and "Home Alone" films) along with his 1492 Pictures producing partner Michael Barnathan (The Help), Haim Saban (Chairman and CEO of Saban Capital Group and Founder of Saban Brands) and Jeremy Zag (Founder of ZAG Entertainment LLC/Zagtoons), to form ZAG Animation Studios.

This new family-oriented studio will develop, produce and distribute one 3D animated film and one CGI-live action hybrid film per year, starting in 2017. They will operate out of ZAG Entertainment's brand new campus in Glendale, California, with their first full computer animated feature Melody to be co-directed by Columbus and Zag. Two other features in development include Ghostforce, a CGI-live action hybrid, and the fully-CGI Abominable.

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=124525

I wouldn't be surprised if one of the DWA films slated for 2017 is moved to 2016, 4 films in one years is overkill, I imagine Trolls moves to June 2016 and Captain Underpants or the Bollywood film moves to November,

DWA shouldn't release more than 2 movies a year. It started turning bad when they did.

That 4th poster is the lamp that jumps up and down on the I to replace it.

Hopefully we get a Offical Release Date for Incredibles 2 hopefully that November 17th Release date in 2017 cause I think Cars 3 will take that June spot in 2017.

Edited by SuperSerious