kayumanggi

COMPUTER ANIMATED FILMS thread | SOUL (Jan 12), TURNING RED (Feb 09), and LUCA (Mar 22) return to theaters in 2024

Disney Announces 'Incredibles' and 'Cars' Sequels

http://pixarplanet.com/blog/disney-announces-incredibles-and-cars-sequels

Cars 3 don't care !! 

The Incredibles 2, is that true ?  :o  :wub:  :wub:

EDIT : Apparently, Bird isn't sure yet. I suppose he'll come back after Tomorrowland. I see The Incredibles 2 in June 2017 or maybe November 2017. Would be 2 or 2.5 years after Tomorrowland, it's doable I think, especially because Tomorrowland will be ready earlier (it was delayed from December 2014 but I think it's more for scheduling reasons than delay in the production).

Edited by Shaldun

Cars 3 don't care !! 

The Incredibles 2, is that true ?  :o  :wub:  :wub:

EDIT : Apparently, Bird isn't sure yet. I suppose he'll come back after Tomorrowland. I see The Incredibles 2 in June 2017 or maybe November 2017. Would be 2 or 2.5 years after Tomorrowland, it's doable I think, especially because Tomorrowland will be ready earlier (it was delayed from December 2014 but I think it's more for scheduling reasons than delay in the production).

Not sure yet? Isn't the story from him and him only?

Sorry to dig this thread out, but just been looking at the calendar going out a few years and noted a a bit of a shocker for animated films. Of course i would think something will move but as it stands we have the following in June 2017:

All Computer Animated films in 2017....

26th May - Lego Movie (Lego Batman ?)

9th June - How to Train your Dragon 3

16th June - Untitled Pixar Film (Possibly Incredibles 2 or something else not sure)

30th June - Despeciable Me 3

and make it worse, we haven untitled Blue Sky Animation on the 21st July.  

In between all that is Wonder Woman due to open on the 23rd June.  Pirates 5 &  Fantastic Four 2 both open open in early july.  but returning to the animation overload, if all those dates hold (and it's still shakey on some of these - i'm looking at you Dragon 3), we will be looking at a major bloodbath.

If i get some energy in the coming days, I'lll try and tidy up the first post of this thread with current upcoming list of Animated films.  It's pretty clear there is a coming glut of animated films ... i mean i know we normally get a few, but to see so many scheduled in such a short time frame.... it's the whole Cap 3 vs BvS thingy again... who will blink first ?  (I do suspect that the studios are just stumping a film to a date on the map and if it doesn't make it then something else will take it's spot.

as to the comments above....

lego batman seems to be coming along fine.

Dragon 3 is looking a bit shakey and i could see that delaying to november / december or even 2018 at this point.

pixar... total unknown at this point but is possible given the agressive scheduling that disney has taken too of late (see the star wars franchise; marvel universe (mcu) for examples.

DM3 - yeah it could well drop from the 2nd, but i'm thinking the interest will still be there.. and even a drop is still > 300m. so still a likely juggernaught.  but could it do that much if all of the above opened before it ? 

The February 2019 film will probably be Scooby Doo or a Ninjango sequel, Scooby Doo turns 50 that year so it would be good timing to have a film in that year.

I would actually love that :D

I just watched the 1998 Zombie Island "movie", and was reminded why I always like Scooby-Doo.

• Like 1

I would actually love that :D

I just watched the 1998 Zombie Island "movie", and was reminded why I always like Scooby-Doo.

It's probably WB's biggest animation franchise outside of Looney Tunes and DC. I do wish they would look at other HB properties, maybe revisit The Flintstones or Jonny Quest.

Wasn't WB planning on making a new Flintstones show with McFarlane? And he walked off the project when they asked him to make it more like his Fox comedies instead of like the original?

I might have some facts crossed but I seem to recall that being the jist.