#ED

Weekend Estimates: Gravity - 55.5M; CWACM - $21.5M ;RR - 7.6M;

Wow, there's a chance (even though it's incredibly slim) that Gravity could out gross Thor 2. And that's pretty cool.

No, but the fact that it's even in the conversation is astounding. I remember when I expected this film to be buried in Thanksgiving 2012.
  • Like 2

very quick note, think atm RR be around 3m, Grav around 20m (19-22m) see how it stacks up evening think it should be over 20 with over 3500 thrs but we'll see :)

20m!!! Holy crap, with an OW in the mid to high 50's and incredible WOM there's no telling how high it could end up!

Once in a while, there comes a movie that is made by not just anyone, but by someone who's willing to put his whole mind into challenging the unthinkable, to spend a whole ass long time working his ass off to achieve the impossible. For the soul of film-making, this kind of movie needs to be rewarded both at the boxoffice and at the award season. It's just beautiful to see that Gravity and Alfonso Cuaron are getting what they deserve, and it's time for the acadamy to award a sci-fi.

It really is. I don't even need to see the other BP contenders, I want Gravity to sweep the Oscars this year more than I've wanted any film to since ROTK.

If it's a massive box office hit like it's already shaping up to be, and with the astronomically good critical reception, I honestly don't know how the Academy will be able to deny it.

You mean like all those other times where they gave BP to an action/thriller (big hit or otherwise)?