Impact

2013 Golden Globe Predictions!

Well for this year I can imagine these being nominated for comedy/musical (Or at least has a chance at it)

Inside Llewyn Davis (remember this will count as a musical most likely)

The Heat

Much Ado About Nothing

Blue Jasmine

World's EndThis is the End

One Chance (A musical by Weinstein-not sure what this is though other then that)

Secret Life of Walter Mitty

Her

Grown Ups 2 (Kidding ;))

And you know-Delivery Man actually looks like something I can imagine getting a acting nom.

Same with Grudge Match even!

Apparently Before Midnight is a comedy and Blue Jasmine is a drama, which means the former might actually get itself some award nominations in a few months, and Blanchett might as well be already preparing her acceptance speech.

Like how The Artist and My Week With Marylyn were apparently comedies.

Haven't seen MWWM, but The Artist at least had more laughs and was clearly lighter in tone than Before Midnight

They also considered the Truman Show a drama.The comment by Jack Nicholson was so funny when he won for best actor in a drama for About Schmitt "I don't know if I should be happy or not, when I filmed this I thought it was a comedy!"

• Like 2

Apparently Before Midnight is a comedy and Blue Jasmine is a drama, which means the former might actually get itself some award nominations in a few months, and Blanchett might as well be already preparing her acceptance speech.

Blue Jasmine is listed as a comedy thou? weird rules by the Golden Globes. 

Musical/Comedy category may have worked in 1960s but it doesn't work now. True Hollywood musicals are few and far between. Not to mention that the era of highbrow comedy has been over for a while. It is just a completely worthless category made up just to attract a lot of Hollywood stars who wouldn't get nominated in any of the more standard awards categories.

This isn't even the worst thing about Golden Globes. The entire awards process is fucked up with only 80 HFPA members determining all the winners. A lot of these HFPA members aren't even real journalists. They are just there and they get to influence Academy voting.  

Edited by TLK
  • Like 1

The only missing category is best ensemble. Second best is breakthrough performance.

Problem with best ensemble is that its tough to pick who it would go to.

Yes they have a casting director-but there is more to a great cast then just the casting director. Lot of times it is the director, the writers, the producers, heck even other cast members!