CaptainJackSparrow

The X-Files | New Season ordered by FOX

From the world premiere at Cannes.

"And the premiere episode in a sentence? It's a ripper. An absolute bloody ripper. And if you're a fan of the original series there's more than a few moments where you will squeal with delight."

http://www.smh.com.au/entertainment/tv-and-radio/new-the-xfiles-makes-a-dazzling-debut-as-cannes-hosts-world-premiere-20151007-gk2uba.html

• Like 1

I'm re-watching these episodes before the X-Files Mini Series.  Updated with the Black Oil episodes plus some mythology episodes from the later seasons.

1. “Pilot” (Season 1, Episode 1)

2. “Deep Throat” (Season 1, Episode 2)

3. "Squeeze" (Season 1, Episode 3)

4. “Beyond the Sea” (Season 1, Episode 13)

5. “The Erlenmeyer Flask” (Season 1, Episode 24)

6. “The Host” (Season 2, Episode 2)

7. "Anasazi" (Season 2, Episode 25)

8. "Paper Clip" (Season 3, Episode 2)

9. "D.P.O." (Season 3, Episode 3)

10. “Clyde Bruckman’s Final Repose” (Season 3, Episode 4)

11. "Nisei" (Season 3, Episode 9)

12. "731" (Season 3, Episode 10)

13. "Piper Maru" (Season 3, Episode 15)

14. "Apocrypha" (Season 3, Episode 16)

15. "Jose Chung's From Outer Space" (Season 3, Episode 20)

16. "Talitha Cumi" (Season 3, Episode 24)

17. "Herrenvolk" (Season 4, Episode 1)

18. "Home" (Season 4, Episode 2)

19. "Tunguska" (Season 4, Episode 8)

20. "Terma" (Season 4, Episode 9)

21. “Memento Mori” (Season 4, Episode 14)

22. "Tempus Fugit" (Season 4, Episode 17)

23. "Max" (Season 4, Episode 18)

24. "Zero Sum" (Season 4, Episode 21)

25. "Gethsemane" (Season 4, Episode 24)

26. "Redux" (Season 5, Episode 1)

27. "Redux II" (Season 5, Episode 2)

28. "Detour" (Season 5, Episode 4)

29. “Post-Modern Prometheus” (Season 5, Episode 5)

30. “Bad Blood” (Season 5, Episode 12)

31. "The End" (Season 5, Episode 20)

32. "THE X-FILES MOVIE"

33. "The Beginning" (Season 6, Episode 1)

34. "Drive" (Season 6, Episode 2)

35. “Milagro” (Season 6, Episode 18)

36. "Biogenesis" (Season 6, Episode 22)

37. "The Sixth Extinction" (Season 7, Episode 1)

38. "The Sixth Extinction II: Amor Fati" (Season 7, Episode 2)

39. "Requiem" (Season 7, Episode 22)

40. "Within" (Season 8, Episode 1)

41. "Without" (Season 8, Episode 2)

42. "Vienen" (Season 8, Episode 18)

43. "Existence" (Season 8, Episode 21)

44. "Nothing Important Happened Today" (Season 9, Episode 1)

45. "Nothing Important Happened Today II" (Season 9, Episode 2)

46. "William" (Season 9, Episode 16)

47. "Sunshine Days" (Season 9, Episode 18)

48. "The Truth Part I" (Season 9, Episode 19)

49. "The Truth Part II" (Season 9, Episode 20)

Are there others I should watch?

Now updated.  That escalated quickly.

Edited by DeeCee

1/24/16 Season Premiere episode, Part 1

**SEASON PREMIERE, PART ONE** -- AIRING ON A SPECIAL NIGHT AND TIME

"My Struggle"
13 years after the original series run, the next mind-bending chapter of the thrilling series THE X-FILES is here!

[NOTE: THE X-FILES is dependent on the length of the NFC CHAMPIONSHIP GAME which precedes it.  Please set your DVR accordingly - with at least 30+ minutes added to the end time.]

THE X-FILES HAVE BEEN RE-OPENED ON PART ONE OF THE ALL-NEW TWO-NIGHT SEASON PREMIERE OF "THE X-FILES" SUNDAY, JANUARY 24, ON FOX - AIRING ON A SPECIAL NIGHT AND TIME

Joel McHale (Community) and Annett Mahendru (The Americans) Guest-Star

Thirteen years after the original series run, the next mind-bending chapter of the thrilling series THE X-FILES is here.  FOX MULDER (David Duchovny) and DANA SCULLY (Gillian Anderson) have been approached by TAD O'MALLEY (guest star Joel McHale), a popular conspiracy theorist web-TV show host, who believes he has uncovered a significant government conspiracy. With the assistance of FBI Asst. Dir. WALTER SKINNER (Mitch Pileggi), O'Malley seeks to enlist the help of former X-Files agents Mulder and Scully, who have since severed ties with the FBI. Through O'Malley, they are introduced to SVETA (guest star Annett Mahendru), a possible alien abductee who shares shocking information with them that will challenge everything that Mulder has ever believed about the existence of aliens and the government's role in covering them up in the all-new "My Struggle" Season Premiere Part One, episode of THE X-FILES airing Sunday, Jan. 24 (approx. 10:00-11:00 PM ET / approx. 7:00-8:00 PM PT) on FOX. (XF-1001)  (TV-14; L, V)  CC-AD-HDTV 720p-Dolby Digital 5.1

[VIEWER'S NOTE: Due to the nature of live sporting events, please note that the start time of tonight's one-hour, Season Premiere, Part One of THE X-FILES is dependent on the length of the NFC CHAMPIONSHIP GAME which precedes it.  Please set your DVR accordingly - with at least 30+ minutes added to the end time.]

Cast:  Gillian Anderson as FBI Special Agent Dana Scully, David Duchovny as FBI Special Agent Fox Mulder and Mitch Pileggi as FBI Asst. Dir. Walter Skinner

Guest Cast: 
Joel McHale as Tad O'Malley
and
Annett Mahendru as Sveta

7 hours ago, Telemachos said:

Well, whaddya know? It... was THE X-FILES. :) 

darn I was hoping they stepped it up to at least the Y Files by now :P

i didn't see it yet but I hope it was good

1/25/16 Season Premiere episode, Part 2

**SEASON PREMIERE PART TWO**

"Founder's Mutation"
When a scientist suddenly commits suicide, Mulder and Scully investigate what unseen force may have driven him to it.

MULDER AND SCULLY INVESTIGATE A DOCTOR WITH UNSCRUPULOUS PRACTICES ON PART TWO OF THE ALL-NEW TWO-NIGHT SEASON PREMIERE OF "THE X-FILES" MONDAY, JANUARY 25, ON FOX

Doug Savant (Desperate Housewives, Melrose Place) Guest-Stars; Episode Written and Directed by James Wong

When a scientist suddenly commits suicide, Mulder and Scully investigate what unseen force may have driven him to it. What they uncover is a laboratory where extreme genetic experimentation has been going on for decades, breeding subjects who possess unexpected and dangerous powers – and who harbor deep resentments in the all-new "Founder's Mutation" Season Premiere, Part Two, episode of THE X-FILES airing Monday, Jan. 25 (8:00-9:00 PM ET/PT) on FOX.  (XF-1005)  (TV-14; D, L, S, V)  CC-AD-HDTV 720p-Dolby Digital 5.1

Cast:  Gillian Anderson as FBI Special Agent Dana Scully, David Duchovny as FBI Special Agent Fox Mulder and Mitch Pileggi as FBI Asst. Dir. Walter Skinner

Guest Cast: 
Doug Savant as Augustus Goldman
Jonathan Whitesell as Janitor
Rebecca Wisocky as Jackie Goldman
Chris Logan as Dr. Sanjay
Omari Newton as Rogers
Nikolai Witschl as Dr. Hill
Alison Wandzura as Cynthia
Aaron Douglas as Lindquist
Vik Sahay as Gupta
Ryan Robbins as Murphy
Christine Willes as Sister Mary
Kacey Rohl as Agnes
Craig March as Detective Gordon

Watched the first two episodes and found it incredibly lazy. Like, seriously, after all these years this is the best they could come up with? It felt like everyone, from writer and director down to the actors, was sleepwalking through this. I think the only truth they will find in the end is that this was a waste of everyone's time, including the viewers'.

tots enjoyed it , i had a smile on my face the entire 2 episodes , that nostalgia factor 

i was lol at some of the casting , with hey he's still alive pitched in here and there ,scully and mulder looking fine as hell chemistry intact after all these years 

heck it was x-files' ish down to the same old classic intro ....

i love xfiles but i just don't know how it fits into our modern world , i still believe in aliens but i believe less and less that they've ever visited earth or know of our existence , maybe i'm just miffed i've never seen a sighting me a wannabe true believer pffff 

but you know what i don't i'm going along for the ride for as long as they care too , if scully can put up with mulder who are we to judge and she's suppose to be the sane one ! 

...and we're back after 14 years!  Season 10 Transcripts are now available

Inside the X

XXXXXXXXXXXXX

2/01/16 episode

"Mulder & Scully Meet the Were-Monster"
When a dead body is found in the woods, Mulder and Scully are called in to investigate whether it was an animal attack or a serial killer.

MULDER AND SCULLY INVESTIGATE AN "ANIMAL" ATTACK ON AN ALL-NEW "THE X-FILES" MONDAY, FEBRUARY 1, ON FOX

Kumail Nanjiani (Silicon Valley) and Rhys Darby (Flight of the Concords) Guest-Star; Episode Written and Directed by Darin Morgan

When a dead body is found in the woods, Mulder and Scully are called in to investigate whether it was an animal attack, a serial killer or just maybe a strange creature as described by eyewitnesses. Meanwhile, Mulder is able to confront some of his own demons about feeling disillusioned with his life's work in the all-new "Mulder & Scully Meet the Were-Monster" episode of THE X-FILES airing Monday, Feb. 1 (8:00-9:00 PM ET/PT) on FOX. (XF-1003)  (TV-14; D, L, S, V)  CC-AD-HDTV 720p-Dolby Digital 5.1 

[VIEWER'S NOTE:  Another encore episode will air this Saturday]

Guest Cast: 
Kumail Nanjiani as Pasha
Rhys Darby as Guy Man
Richard Newman as Dr. Rumanovitch
Tyler Labine as Stoner #1
Nicole Parker-Smith as Stoner #2
Alex Diakun as Manager
D.J. "Shangela" Pierce as Annabelle

and episode 3 went back to the ape crap crazy funny version of the show :P  Not saying that is bad, but I was wondering when they would go completely different in tone than the first two episodes like they have in the past

2/08/16 episode

"Home Again"
Mulder and Scully are sent to investigate the murder of a city official, which it seems no human could have committed.

MULDER AND SCULLY INVESTIGATE THE INEXPLICABLE MURDER OF A CITY OFFICIAL ON AN ALL NEW "THE X-FILES" MONDAY, FEBRUARY 8, ON FOX

Episode Written and Directed by Glen Morgan

Mulder and Scully are sent to investigate the murder of a city official, which it seems no human could have committed. Meanwhile, Scully deals with deep feelings about the child she gave up for adoption in the all-new "Home Again" episode of THE X-FILES airing Monday, Feb. 8 (8:00-9:01 PM ET/PT) on FOX. (XF-1002)  (TV-14; L, V)  CC-AD-HDTV 720p-Dolby Digital 5.1

Guest Cast:
Sheila Larken as Margaret Scully
Tim Armstrong as Trashman
Daryl Shuttleworth as Daryl Landry
Peggy Jo Jacobsas Nancy Huff
Alessandro Juliani as Joseph Cutler
Chris Shields as Detective Dross
Gary Sekhon as Forensic Tech
Sachin Sahel as Jack Budd
Veena Sood as Dr. Louise Colquitt
Jannen Karr as Nurse Taillie
Seth Whittaker as Fitzpatrick
and
Daniel Jacobsen as Proudley

2/15/16 episode

"Babylon"
Mulder and Scully seek some way to communicate with the comatose bomber in order to prevent a future attack.

THE POWER TO BELIEVE TURNS OUT TO BE THE STRONGEST FORCE THERE IS ON AN ALL-NEW "THE X-FILES" MONDAY, FEBRUARY 15, ON FOX

Episode Written and Directed by Creator Chris Carter; William B. Davis, Robbie Amell and Lauren Ambrose Guest-Star

When an art gallery that's showing potentially offensive artwork is bombed, Mulder and Scully seek some way to communicate with the comatose bomber in order to prevent a future attack. Meanwhile, a pair of younger FBI agents on the case (guest stars Robbie Amell and Lauren Ambrose) push Mulder and Scully to examine their own beliefs as Scully seeks answers from neuroscience and Mulder from mysticism in the all-new "Babylon" episode of THE X-FILES airing Monday, Feb. 15 (8:00-9:01 PM ET/PT) on FOX. (XF-1004)  (TV-14; D, L, S, V)  CC-AD-HDTV 720p-Dolby Digital 5.1

Guest Cast: 
Robbie Amell as Agent Miller
Lauren Ambrose as Agent Einstein
William B. Davis as Cigarette Smoking Man
Artin John as Shiraz
Garry Chalk as Mad Dog
Marci T. House as Angry Woman
Eric Breker as Special Agent Brem
J. Alex Brinson as FBI Agent Guard
Bruce Harwood as Byers
Tom Braidwood as Frohike
Dean Haglund as Langly
Nina Nayebi as Noora
and
Janet Kidder as Nurse

2/22/16 Season Finale episode

Spoiler

**SEASON FINALE**

"My Struggle II"
Scully must look within to try and find a cure when people all over the country suddenly start falling gravely ill.

MULDER AND SCULLY UNCOVER A SHOCKING TRUTH WITH GLOBAL RAMIFICATIONS ON THE ALL-NEW SEASON FINALE OF "THE X-FILES" MONDAY, FEBRUARY 22, ON FOX

Conclusion of Six-Episode Event Series Features Guest Stars Joel McHale, Robbie Amell, Lauren Ambrose, Annabeth Gish and William B. Davis; Episode Written and Directed by Chris Carter

The investigations that Mulder and Scully previously began with conspiracy theorist and web-TV show host Tad O'Malley (guest star Joel McHale) seem to have awakened powerful enemies. A widespread panic begins as people all over the country suddenly start falling gravely ill, and Scully must look within to try and find a cure. Meanwhile, Mulder confronts the man whom he believes to be behind it all, but another figure from Mulder and Scully's past may prove to be the key to their salvation in the all-new "My Struggle II" Season Finale episode of THE X-FILES airing Monday, Feb. 22 (8:00-9:00 PM ET/PT) on FOX. (XF-1006)  (TV-14; D, L, V)  CC-AD-HDTV 720p-Dolby Digital 5.1

Cast: Gillian Anderson as FBI Special Agent Dana Scully, David Duchovny as FBI Special Agent Fox Mulder and Mitch Pileggi as FBI Asst. Dir. Walter Skinner

Guest Cast: 
William B. Davis as Cigarette Smoking Man
Annabeth Gish as Monica Reyes
Joel McHale as Tad O'Malley
Robbie Amell as Agent Miller
Lauren Ambrose as Agent Einstein
Julian Christopher as Dr. Oscar Griffiths
and
Aliza Vellani as Nurse Sandeep

Edited by mulder42