Transformers: Dark of the Moon

46 members have voted

1. 1. Transformers: Dark of the Moon

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

I quite enjoyed this movie. Plot is on the light side per usual, but that's okay. Bay keeps the movie entertaining. It was better than RotF in pretty much every way. Action sequences were all fantastic, and this has probably the best CGI I have ever seen in a live action tentpole.

I give it a solid "B". Comparitively I would give Transformers 1 a "B+" and RotF a "C".

It's way too generic of a alien invasion, "can't settle with a normal life and want to make a difference" cliche is sleep inducing, Huntington-Whiteley doesn't have Fox charisma and the actress change make us indifferent to Sam love interest. I'm not impressed with big explosions anymore (as impressive they explosions may be), therefore it feels extremely long.

I liked the execution of it better than all 3 and the editing was great compared to the second (hail 3D and its aversion for quick cuts). Some fun characters are introduced.

It's better than ROTF, but that's it. 45/100