baumer

The Counselor (2013)

26 members have voted

1. 1. Grade it

One of the stupidest movies of the year.  Characters appear for no reason and act as though we are supposed to know their backstory.  Either there is a 5 hour cut of this film out there that explains all of these characters relevance or this movie is really just that dumb.  This is basically a story in which every character talks like they are a poet or a philosopher or Nietzsche or Shakespeare.  Drug dealers tell stories about transcending value with pain and that moments in time are no longer there because the moments have changed or something like that.  

And then there's Cameron Diaz.  The razzies called and they have a trophy for her this year.  She has made two attempts at serious acting.  One was Any Given Sunday and one was this film, both results are the same.  And it ain't pretty.  She is flat out awful in this film.  

Also, I couldn't tell you what the bleep is going on.  A truck gets stolen that apparently has 20 million dollars of drug money in it.  Then somehow Diaz orchestrated the whole thing, then she gets someone to bang Brad Pitt and she somehow gets sensitive information out of him.  I can just see how this would happen.

"Oh yes, eat my pussy!  So good.  Yes, bang me, do me hard, awesome....WHEW!!!  SO GOOD!!!"

They're lying in bed smoking after it's done.

"So, Brad, tell me what your secret codes are to get into your accounts in the Cayman Islands?"  

"Sure stranger with the great tits who I just met, the  codes are 4451126525.  You'll need a secret handshake too to get into the bank.  Ask for Javier.  He'll help you out."

Just a stupid stupid movie.

2/10

• Like 3

I really question some of Pitt's film choices too.  With this and the Mexican masturbating kid movie with the Asian chick who flashes her cookies to people at the mall (forget the name of the movie), his choices are times are brutal.

Yeah Pitt can go there but see he's an actor and he's a megastar so all these roles he takes on while I don't always think it works I respect em ... I mean he could have had a Will Smith like-career if he wanted to but he chose a more interesting path 

He's in 12 years a slave this year too as a supporting player and that one is apparently pretty great 

I really question some of Pitt's film choices too.  With this and the Mexican masturbating kid movie with the Asian chick who flashes her cookies to people at the mall (forget the name of the movie), his choices are times are brutal.

Babel?

• Like 1

How sad you think that.

Anyways, I have a chance to see this Monday. Think I will just to see if it truly is as messed up as reviews say.

Can't wait to see what you think.

Pitt's big enough of an A-list that he can be in whatever he pleases and it wouldn't make a slightest dint on his career.

Edited by C00k13 Monster

Pitt's big enough of an A-list that he can be in whatever he pleases and it wouldn't make a slightest dint on his career.

Agreed.  But what he sees in some of these films is vexing.