Olive

Captain America: The Winter Soldier ( More than $700M WW, Huge Success!)

Was it a holiday in USA? Because this is a great bumb! 

Thor only improved 23.5% so thats a lot of difference.

Btw: TH CF wasn't released yet..

$4,726,740 $2.729.808 

+ 36.5%       +23.5%

Makes a gab of 2m on Tuesday

Canada has cheap Tuesdays.

Was it a holiday in USA? Because this is a great bumb! Thor only improved 23.5% so thats a lot of difference.Btw: TH CF wasn't released yet.. $4,726,740 $2.729.808 + 36.5%       +23.5% Makes a gab of 2m on Tuesday

Yeah. That will be even'd out this weekend..

Another superhero will continue to be in action as Marvel Studios’ Captain America: The Winter Soldier surges towards the $400m mark.

The film has grossed $342.6m through Walt Disney Studios Motion Pictures International and opens in its final market of Japan.

http://www.screendaily.com/box-office/spidey-2-spins-early-5m/5070827.article?blocktitle=LATEST-INTERNATIONAL-BOX-OFFICE-NEWS&contentID=40071

• Like 2

Updates on 3rd weekend in Msia:

- Dropped to #2 slightly behind Rio (ok, I am a bit underestimating Rio at this point), grossed $740k, still higher than TDW's $710k, but dropped steeper.

CAP: 740k (-59%)

TDW: 710k (-55%)

- Total gross at the same time frame:

CAP: $7.6mil (RM24.5mil)

TDW: $8mil (RM25.7mil)

- CAP is #1 movie for 2014 atm, but for sure will be defeated by T: AOE soon. Currently #9 highest grossing film behind 2012.

- RM27mil is a lock at the moment but likely wouldn't out gross TDW. However it is a 3x higher than overall gross of TFA.

• Like 1

We only need 40M in this weekend, so it is easy locked.

Think 24m for CAP DOM

Than you still got china for 6m or more, Brazil also atleast 3m and than 7m for the rest seems quite likely!

I hope it will get closer too 600M

560m will be locked I think, only if china will fall very hard :(

Edited by pepsa
  • Like 2

$560M WW possible by end of weekend?

Total

Total Gross / As Of

FOREIGN TOTAL

-

$335,200,000

4/15/14

So the FORAIGN TOTAL of 15/04 that means of Tuesday.

This is what I would predict:

335.2M OS tot of 15/04

Wednesday:

214k (SK)

2.219m (China)

It was also good in Arg and Brazil. With the other country’s that would make a 5.2m

Thursday:

189k (SK)

2.058m (China)

With the other markets, it probably made 4.6m

Friday-Sat:

1.184m (SK)

5.821m (China)

Could see a 18.5m frame in these two days

Sunday:

We could expect:

580K (SK)

2.8m (China)

Another 8.7 m should be possible here

That would mean a OS TOT of 372.2m at the end of this week.

DOM

With the Friday (9.566m 121.6% increase of Thursday), we got a total of 184.48m

We can expect a sat increase of at least 10% but I guess it will be something like 15%: (This is very optimistic because of good Friday it could stay flat) 

So I guess we look at a 11.584m  Sat. (TOT: 196.064m)

Then I think we will have a 41% drop:  Sun. 6.194m (TOT: 202.258m)

And that would be a 21% lead DOM for Cap2 (on TDW)!

TOT WW: my guess is 574.458m (574.5m easy said XD)

Edited by pepsa
  • Like 1

Cap made $18m Mon & Tues.  Many European and all American countries will have at least Thur-Sun Easter holidays.  Even with Spider-man opening in several European markets, Aus & Mexico I think it can manage at least $30m off  $60m w/e for a 50% drop.

U.S. Saturday won't get a bump like that since the Friday is already elevated because of the Thur bump.  Easter Saturdays traditionally are flat or a small bump.  W/e total for Cap about $25m

Olive, not very good but much better than the first and what I thought it would get with what amounts to a dump in Japan. First one opened with $1,152,746 and ended with  $3,431,374.  TDW opened with $$1,833,451, ended around $6m.

• Like 1

Cap made $18m Mon & Tues.  Many European and all American countries will have at least Thur-Sun Easter holidays.  Even with Spider-man opening in several European markets, Aus & Mexico I think it can manage at least $30m off  $60m w/e for a 50% drop.

U.S. Saturday won't get a bump like that since the Friday is already elevated because of the Thur bump.  Easter Saturdays traditionally are flat or a small bump.  W/e total for Cap about $25m

Olive, not very good but much better than the first and what I thought it would get with what amounts to a dump in Japan. First one opened with $1,152,746 and ended with  $3,431,374.  TDW opened with $$1,833,451, ended around $6m.

I already changed my DOM est. because I forged the holiday for a sec :( And I hope your right for your os predictions, every dollar more is better!)

Don't understand why standalone Marvels perform abysmally in Japan (THOR2 grossed $6M). TASM did much much (undeservingly so I think) better than either franchises: $39M. OTOH, TA did $45M in Japan. So it's not like the Japanese didn't like these characters at all. Very strange. 

Don't understand why standalone Marvels perform abysmally in Japan (THOR2 grossed $6M). TASM did much much (undeservingly so I think) better than either franchises: $39M. OTOH, TA did $45M in Japan. So it's not like the Japanese didn't like these characters at all. Very strange.

Yeah,agree.Superheroes fit the Japanese state of mind given it's the same spirit than their manga,and I'm not sure it's a cultural issue either given similar cultures (Korea,China,Vietnam..) love them.It's a marketing issue I think,I don't think they're really ambitious about it.When they are motivated it's successful : look at Avengers and Iron Man 3 which did well.I hope they'll like Guardians of the Galaxy,I have a good feeling about this.

Yeah,agree.Superheroes fit the Japanese state of mind given it's the same spirit than their manga,and I'm not sure it's a cultural issue either given similar cultures (Korea,China,Vietnam..) love them.It's a marketing issue I think,I don't think they're really ambitious about it.When they are motivated it's successful : look at Avengers and Iron Man 3 which did well.I hope they'll like Guardians of the Galaxy,I have a good feeling about this.

Maybe they are looking at it in terms of what is a ticket worth. A ticket to AVENGERS will get them 6 superheroes, why would they buy one for just Capn or Thor? They rather wait 1 more year for TA2