John Marston

X-Men: Days of Future Past OS thread

X-Men: Days Of Future Past earned another $42.1m from 16,080 screens in 74 markets this weekend. That brings the international cume to $422.1M and the global box office to $611M after less than 3 weeks of release. The added coin helped push Fox International over the $1.5B global box office mark. In China,DOFP added $7.48M from 3,460 screens to cross the $100M mark with $104.4M. It is now the 3rd highest grossing Fox title of all-time in the market, behind, natch, Avatar and Titanic. In Korea, the gang of mutants grossed $4.02M from 535 locations, reaching the same milestone for Fox as its 3rd biggest movie ever there. The penultimate market to bow, Spain, was a No. 1 with $2.98M on 688 screens. In Singapore ($609K from 58) and Malaysia ($461K from 145), the film becomes the No. 2 all-time Fox title, behind Avatar.

Other strong holds included Brazil ($3.26M from 765), the UK ($3.2M from 1,047), France ($2.56M from 740), Australia ($1.94M from 523), Mexico($1.63M from 1,225), Japan ($1.3M from 653), Germany ($1.2M from 780) andRussia ($1.05M from 1,144).

• Like 6

Weekend Actual outside North America is $41.1M. 57% drop

ONA total is $421.2M. With Godzilla coming out in China next week, the drop in that market is poised to be huge. 22 Jump Street invades some minor markets, HtTYD2 invades a few major and a few minor markets. However, there is the World Cup to consider, which may result in big drops in some markets (especially Europe and South America). The drop may not be so steep next weekend but still more than 50%. The following weekend sees the release of Transformers in many big markets, so another steep drop (>50%) is expected.

http://www.deadline.com/2014/06/intl-box-office-edge-of-tomorrow-no-1-with-82m-fault-in-our-stars-shines-in-brazil-mexico-oz-maleficent-adds-59-7m-x-men-crosses-100m-in-china-more/

BOM predicts that it will reach $220M in NA by the end of its run. That means it needs $490M outside NA to out-gross Captain America 2 worldwide. It's gonna be fun to see if it will succeed or not (although, to be honest, I really hope it doesn't).

Edited by Quigley

ONA total is $421.2M. With Godzilla coming out in China next week, the drop in that market is poised to be huge. 22 Jump Street invades some minor markets, HtTYD2 invades a few major and a few minor markets. However, there is the World Cup to consider, which may result in big drops in some markets (especially Europe and South America). The drop may not be so steep next weekend but still more than 50%. The following weekend sees the release of Transformers in many big markets, so another steep drop (>50%) is expected.

http://www.deadline.com/2014/06/intl-box-office-edge-of-tomorrow-no-1-with-82m-fault-in-our-stars-shines-in-brazil-mexico-oz-maleficent-adds-59-7m-x-men-crosses-100m-in-china-more/

BOM predicts that it will reach $220M in NA by the end of its run. That means it needs $490M outside NA to out-gross Captain America 2 worldwide. It's gonna be fun to see if it will succeed or not (although, to be honest, I really hope it doesn't).

I will be happy with it passing 700m, will be even happier if it becomes the highest grossing superhero movie this year, because it deserves to be, and will be a slap in the face to those elitist Marvel Studios fanboy naysayers :ph34r:

• Like 2

To be honest, I really hope it does out-gross CA2 WW. :)

• Like 2

ONA total is $421.2M. With Godzilla coming out in China next week, the drop in that market is poised to be huge. 22 Jump Street invades some minor markets, HtTYD2 invades a few major and a few minor markets. However, there is the World Cup to consider, which may result in big drops in some markets (especially Europe and South America). The drop may not be so steep next weekend but still more than 50%. Correction: The following weekend has no important releases but in 3 weekends, Transformers will be released in many big markets, so another steep drop (>50%) is expected.

Jesus. If you love Cap 2 (which I do) does that make me a Marvel elitist fan boy? I'm a bigger X fan than I am a Marvel fan and I don't care which movie wins. But Cap 2 is the better movie to me but DOFP is great too. Both deserve to win in my book.

Edited by ECSTASY
  • Like 3

Jesus. If you love Cap 2 (which I do) does that make me a Marvel elitist fan boy? I'm a bigger X fan than I am a Marvel fan and I don't care which movie wins. But Cap 2 is the better movie to me but DOFP is great too. Both deserve to win in my book.

Nah, I'm only talking about that select few who hates everything non-Marvel Studios  :D . I love Cap 2 too, that's why I said I will be happy even if X just passes 700M without beating CA2.   :wub:

Edited by Skybreaker™
  • Like 2

$427,933,000 

Only 6m the whole day? Impossible

That is actually quite high (it's $6.7M by the way). Last week it was also about $6-7M. I would have expected it to drop to $3M this Monday, given the weekend drop. Oh! I think it's because Whit Monday is a holiday in many European and other countries (generally, in many of the countries with a major Christian population).

Edited by Quigley

That is actually quite high (it's $6.7M by the way). Last week it was also about $6-7M. I would have expected it to drop to $3M this Monday, given the weekend drop. Oh! I think it's because Whit Monday is a holiday in many European and other countries (generally, in many of the countries with a major Christian population).

Nah. it was at 380M leading to weekend. That translated to ~ 42M last week. So average weekdays last week was > 6-7M. You cannot track internationally every weekday as not all countries report daily. We might get an update leading to weekend and then the actual weekend gross.

Only UIP used to provide daily updates and even that will fluctuate based on how many markets report.

• Like 1

6.7 million for a Monday seems good IMO. I was expecting something like around 5 million for a ~<20 million total before the weekend, since last week was around 40million before the weekend. Should pass that a little if it stays around this figure the next few days.

Well, April 2014 is summer in my book  :lol:   :D        :ph34r:

There is a good chance DOFP can overtake Cap 2 WW. It needs another 90M. Looks like it will get around 40-45M WW this week (including the weekend) and still has another 30M left domestically. So it needs another 15-20M WW to overtake Cap 2, and Venezuela will contribute 10M of that. We may possibly have Cap 2 winning domestic, Spiderman winning OS and DOFP winning WW.

not sure about 500m anymore. Thinking more like 480m. Combine that with 220m domestic so 700m even. 

No cause for despair yet. :) As long as the required multiplier is under 3x, it is good.

Let's see what happens this weekend.