John Marston

X-Men: Days of Future Past OS thread

DoFP didn't open yet in Spain and Venezuela. I think it should do at least $15m in those markets. Cap2 did $8m in Spain and $10m in Venezuela. And TASM2 did $9m in Spain and $7m in Venezuela.

Like i said. A close run ;)My money right now is on DOFP though
  • Like 2

DoFP didn't open yet in Spain and Venezuela. I think it should do at least $15m in those markets. Cap2 did $8m in Spain and $10m in Venezuela. And TASM2 did $9m in Spain and $7m in Venezuela. 

not sure how Dofp will do in Spain this time around, taking into account the two weeks delay, and that superhero movies havent had great numbers this year, for some reason.

deadline.com

"X-Men: Days Of Future Past has an international gross of $380M now and a domestic gross through today of around $169M. China is by far its biggest market with the UK coming in next for a total cume heading into the weekend of $36M. South Korea is next with $26.3M. Spain opens Friday."

• Like 3

Around 32% of that 40M comes from China, so I think the only possible obstacle that may keep this from hitting 500M will be if China drops off considerably. If it keeps up its week to week drops it should hit 500M in 2 weeks++ if I'm not calculating wrongly. Good thing there's Spain and Venezuela(?) to help soften the drop this weekend.

One question. I remember the article from the past weekend's international numbers mentioning that the 95.6M is from 78 territories. When the movie opened, it opened in 118 countries. Did it get dropped from 40 countries or are the numbers from those 40 countries negligible?

Edited by Skybreaker™

OW in Spain should be fine. Last night Hugh Jackman was on a high-rated show on TV, which did one of its best marks of the season and spawned a lot of great comments on Twitter. #HughJackmanEH and X-Men were trending during the program.

Plus, X-Men Origins was on TV last week and it did surprisingly great numbers, and tonight they are showing First Class on another network...it's having some very good promotion here.

• Like 3

not sure how Dofp will do in Spain this time around, taking into account the two weeks delay, and that superhero movies havent had great numbers this year, for some reason.

X-men do not stand a chance against tiki-taka

Update Total Lifetime Grosses

Domestic:  $189,101,000   31.0%+ Foreign:  $420,500,000   69.0%= Worldwide:  $609,601,000

About 2 million DOM and 5 million OS less than I was hoping for, but still good. 700 here we come!

Edited by reddevil18
  • Like 1