John Marston

X-Men: Days of Future Past OS thread

X-Men:DoFP, road to $500m OS, forth round:

OS TASM2 DoFP Weekends Australia 13.9 19.4 4 Brazil 24.0 23.7 4 China 92.0 114.4 4 France 21.4 24.7 4 Germany 15.0 13.1 4 Italy 12.7 8.1 4 Japan 22.3 8.2 3 Mexico 26.7 23.4 4 Russia – CIS 20.7 21.8 4 South Korea 33.6 32.8 4 Spain 6.1 5.1 2 United Kingdom 37.4 41.7 4 Total 325.8 336.4  

DoFP did almost $30m last week so I am pretty confident about $500m OS   :D

DOFP already passed TASM2 in admissions. TASM2 opened 31% higher than DOFP and sold 28% less tickets than DOFP in the 4th weekend   :D .

• Like 3

Is that number through Tuesday or Wednesday?

I think Wednesday. Don't think it's Tuesday, and don't think it's Thursday because last week Screendaily reported DOFP to be at $430.1m and after the weekend it was at $456m and the weekend gross was only $18.4m instead of $26m (456-430). This is assuming they report on the same day each week, so I'm not really sure.

$10m in 3 days sounds good tbh. 

Edited by Skybreaker™
  • Like 5

I really hope that DOFP passes TASM 2 and CAWS worldwide. Although I really liked Cap and thought Spider-Man 2 was okay, DOFP is IMO the best X-Men movie to date and one of the best comic book movies ever. I might actually like it more than The Avengers. :ph34r:

I think both DOFP and CA:TWS are waaay better than the TA. I think DOFP is a bit better than TWS, but TWS is still a really great movie. 

• Like 6

I think both DOFP and CA:TWS are waaay better than the TA. I think DOFP is a bit better than TWS, but TWS is still a really great movie. 

I didn't think TWS was as great as people say, but I still really, really liked it. I think it's at least tied with the first Iron Man as the best solo Marvel movie, but it's not on par with TA IMO. While I would say that TA is more fun and more entertaining than DOFP, I think DOFP is an overall slightly better film. My favorite comic book movie of all time is still The Dark Knight, though.

• Like 1

Nope, not really. They're both great. I enjoy both, but DOFP can't match the spectacle of The Avengers.

Spectacle alone does not a great movie make. And I agree with Noctis - there is no creativity even in the visual aspects of TA. It does work well as a movie tanks to the action and the ensemble chemistry, though. It's just not a great movie.

DOFP trumps TA.

Edited by reddevil18
  • Like 3

DoFP looks better than Avengers.TA had bland as fuck cinematography.

However TA has a great blend of action and entertainment and a novelty of all the heroes. 

People like to dismiss the film on here, but hello it is likely one of the best well liked major blockbusters of the past 5 years.  

Edited by Lordmandeep
  • Like 1

I would not compare TA and DOFP despite both of them being CB/SH movies. They are different beasts. 

I am also in the camp that prefered CA2 and DOFP more. But there is no doubt it was a huge WOM juggernaut. its not a joke that a movie that broke OW record by that big a margin and then still had 3x legs. 

• Like 1