Neo

Star Trek Beyond | 7.22.2016 | Not an Oscar winner.

God that movie sucked ass.I share your pain.

Im still floored today at how bad it came out, Its a disaster. 

Although I will say this there is one shot of  the Spinosaurus in the water and its the coolest fucking thing I have ever seen. Its a giant fucking animatronic so when you see its snout rise up from the water its not CGI mist bullshit, its real and it makes it feel massive. 

To bad the rest looks like a fucking poppy all super perfectly over lit TV movie. P

• Like 3

Cant wait for this. It's probably one of my most anticipated movies in the next few years. Btw, it's any of the old ST movies worth watching? And do any of them have decent special effects? Because I couldn't make myself watch a full old Star Wars movie because the way it looked :mellow:

• Like 1

JJ Abrams >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Joe Johnson. 

JJ Abrams is Joe Johnston compared to Spielberg. A journeyman that ultimately got nothing to say as an artist and an author as for now. Look at his filmography, every movie of his is just a re-enactment of an existing property like a remix, JJ is a DJ.(At least, Johnston has original movies like "Honey, I shrunk the kids", "Jumanji" or drama like "October Sky" a more personal project that doesn't try to ape Spielberg at every turns).

Nothing inherently wrong to craft entertainment for the sake of entertainment but I don't expect him to craft a Schindler's list or a Munich overnight after SW7. That would require more thought and moral reflection than recreating his favourite scenes and lens flares like his idols. I mean Matt Reeves seems more able to tackle a movie like Munich than him.

Edited by dashrendar44
  • Like 2

Cant wait for this. It's probably one of my most anticipated movies in the next few years. Btw, it's any of the old ST movies worth watching? And do any of them have decent special effects? Because I couldn't make myself watch a full old Star Wars movie because the way it looked :mellow:

:mellow:If you didn't care for an original Star Wars movie because of the VFX, chances are you won't like any of the Treks (which were solid enough but never groundbreaking, even back in their day). But it's too bad, you're missing out on some good pretty films (in both franchises).
  • Like 3

:mellow:If you didn't care for an original Star Wars movie because of the VFX, chances are you won't like any of the Treks (which were solid enough but never groundbreaking, even back in their day). But it's too bad, you're missing out on some good pretty films (in both franchises).

yeah Star Wars 6 is great. You Ain't missing a thing with 4 and 5.
  • Like 1

Please tell me you have seen Indiana Jones.
  • Like 1

Well, I watched and liked Star Wars Ep. I, II and III. I quite loved the third one. Nice visuals and I really love the antihero angle of the story (Anakin's ark was great to follow). It's probably the reason why I also liked X-Men: Tha last stand so much (because of the Dark Phoenix ark). 

• Like 1

Please tell me you have seen Indiana Jones.

The last one, yeah.

Well James, I knew you couldn't be perfect, but Star Wars? Really? :(

Well, I liked the prequels. As I said, for me Anakin is the most interesting character in the SW universe.

• Like 1

Well, I watched and liked Star Wars Ep. I, II and III. I quite loved the third one. Nice visuals and I really love the antihero angle of the story (Anakin's ark was great to follow). It's probably the reason why I also liked X-Men: Tha last stand so much (because of the Dark Phoenix ark).

But the acting and duologue were so bad in episode 3.
  • Like 1

But the acting and duologue were so bad in episode 3.

They say the same thing about TF movies, but I still like them. I am a movie fan but in many ways I am a GA member more. I love to be entertained and if the idea of a movie it's interesting enough for me and the visuals are nice, I can accept the bad acting if it's not on a mediocre level. And in SW it's not. For some reason, people seem to blame the actor that played Anakin for how bad the movie was, but I liked him in Jumper as well (probably because I loved the book, but still).  :)

• Like 2

They say the same thing about TF movies, but I still like them. I am a movie fan but in many ways I am a GA member more. I love to be entertained and if the idea of a movie it's interesting enough for me and the visuals are nice, I can accept the bad acting if it's not on a mediocre level. And in SW it's not. For some reason, people seem to blame the actor that played Anakin for how bad the movie was, but I liked him in Jumper as well (probably because I loved the book, but still).  :)

he was okay in Jumper. Awful in Star Wars. I like Transformers as well.
  • Like 2

:sick:

• Like 1

I think Episode I II III are good entertainment that got over-hated over these years, and might get some big amount of appreciation when the new trilogy is released because I expect those who hated the Episodes, will hate the new trilogy even more.

Edited by vc2002
  • Like 1