Neo

Star Trek Beyond | 7.22.2016 | Not an Oscar winner.

3 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

Barco Escape looks very interesting but it's only in a handful of countries at the moment, I wonder if there is room for another PLF or gimmick with IMAX, superscreens, 4DX, D-BOX etc 

The reason it's so rare is kinda why I want to check it out. There's only a few theaters in LA doing it, it wouldn't be that convenient. But I'm curious what the experience is like.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Telemachos said:

The reason it's so rare is kinda why I want to check it out. There's only a few theaters in LA doing it, it wouldn't be that convenient. But I'm curious what the experience is like.

Has laser projection started in the US ?

Have you experienced it ?

Is it really better than standard projection ?

2 minutes ago, Telemachos said:

Holy mother of crap, the space fighting scenes look amazing in this! And oh my God, there's a screen in a city I'll be staying close to for a month in December. If only this movie came out then....

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

Has laser projection started in the US ?

Have you experienced it ?

Is it really better than standard projection ?

There are about a dozen IMAXs in the US and Canada that have laser projection (as of this spring; there might be a few more now).

Yes, I've seen FURIOUS 7, SW7, BVS, and GHOSTBUSTERS in it.

And yes, it looks nicer than regular projection (as far as I can tell).

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Telemachos said:

There are about a dozen IMAXs in the US and Canada that have laser projection (as of this spring; there might be a few more now).

I've yet to try laser IMAX but I've heard positive things about it although nothing can beat seeing 70mm IMAX, seeing BvS in that format was bloomin' incredible. 

5 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

I've yet to try laser IMAX but I've heard positive things about it although nothing can beat seeing 70mm IMAX, seeing BvS in that format was bloomin' incredible. 

I honestly couldn't tell the difference when I saw BVS in IMAX 2D. 

I'm wondering, to anyone who's been to Barco Escape, is it specially formatted for the screen(s) like films are when they're released on digital IMAX? Beyond is the first film they're showing in Escape here, and was wondering if the quality would be good.

1 hour ago, Telemachos said:

I might try to check out the Barco Escape version.

Oh, right. There is a theater that has that over in Bellevue. Now that I am employed, I have the option to try out a few more things, I guess.

59 minutes ago, Telemachos said:

A few places have non-IMAX laser, too. Not sure if any projectors besides the Christie 6p, though.

• Like 1

Just now, Telemachos said:

Look on the previous page for an example of it. It's three screens (left, center, right) so certain sequences will entirely fill your peripheral field of vision. 

I wonder how it compares to the old Cinerama format.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TMP said:

Their uniforms in Beyond don't look as sleek as they did in the last two films imo.

That's because

Spoiler

I think they're wearing/acquired older uniforms from the older ship that they commandeer once on the planet.