Neo

Star Trek Beyond | 7.22.2016 | Not an Oscar winner.

Cant wait for this. It's probably one of my most anticipated movies in the next few years. Btw, it's any of the old ST movies worth watching? And do any of them have decent special effects? Because I couldn't make myself watch a full old Star Wars movie because the way it looked :mellow:

Posted Image

• Like 5

It just feels like we'd have already gotten an announcement if it was. I haven't even heard anything about a script for TF5.Besides, Trek has been May and TF has always been a July 4th thing. (Maybe they'd go back to a midweek opening to get the jump on the other stuff, and not have to open directly against The Mummy.)Though Trek on June 24 would make that weekend Kurtzman vs. Orci...Getting back on track, I can't believe I'm willing to give this a chance after Into Darkness, and with Orci writing and directing, and not really liking the reboot franchise all that much...but somehow I am. I don't know why.

Edited by TServo2049
  • Like 1

Getting back on track, I can't believe I'm willing to give this a chance after Into Darkness, and with Orci writing and directing, and not really liking the reboot franchise all that much...but somehow I am. I don't know why.

STID was crap, but Star Trek movies, just like Star Trek tv episodes, have been very hit or miss. Some of them suck, and some of them are great. They've had enough good ones in there that there's no reason to give up anytime soon.

• Like 1

It just feels like we'd have already gotten an announcement if it was. I haven't even heard anything about a script for TF5.Besides, Trek has been May and TF has always been a July 4th thing. (Maybe they'd go back to a midweek opening to get the jump on the other stuff, and not have to open directly against The Mummy.)Though Trek on June 24 would make that weekend Kurtzman vs. Orci...Getting back on track, I can't believe I'm willing to give this a chance after Into Darkness, and with Orci writing and directing, and not really liking the reboot franchise all that much...but somehow I am. I don't know why.

Like movies never have changed months. As we know we don't need to hear anything about a movie coming out, for it to be coming out. You know June 24th doesn't equal July 4th weekend right?

• Like 1

I think they should release it closer to the 50th anniversary, November is pretty full with Skull Island, Sinister Six and Fantastic Beasts but I wouldn't be surprised if SS ends up being delayed and Trek takes November 11th. Thanksgiving is another option but would mean facing Giants.Paramount likely won't risk putting Trek in May. I wouldn't be surprised if Beverly Hills Cop ends up taking May 13th or May 20th

• Like 1