jpeace4

What Marvel Icons Would You Like to See Added to the MCU?

Possible must-see candidates: T'Challa and Carol Danvers in the Avengers!

Aside from those two, I don't really mind much, they can add anyone they feel fit.

With The Avengers, I know it's not going to be, but I always love to see Logan/Wolverine be a part of the team.

• Like 1

I dunno. If Deadpool and Dazzler are considered to be X-Men characters, I'd say so is Longshot. 

There was a story in the early 2000's(After Fox did X-Men) in which Longshot was listed with a bunch of other Marvel properties in a deal with Artisan Entertainment. Since they haven't made any of the films mentioned, I think it's safe to say the rights have reverted back to Marvel by now.

Most people are not aware that Longshot was originally a solo character with no mutant powers(by definition) and no affiliation to the X-Men. Both Dazzler and Deadpool first appeared in X-Men related books.

The only reason Longshot got on the X-Men was that his creator was an editor of the X-Men books at the time.

Edited by Accursed Arachnid!™

There was a story in the early 2000's(After Fox did X-Men) in which Longshot was listed with a bunch of other Marvel properties in a deal with Artisan Entertainment. Since they haven't made any of the films mentioned, I think it's safe to say the rights have reverted back to Marvel by now.

Most people are not aware that Longshot was originally a solo character with no mutant powers(by definition) and no affiliation to the X-Men. Both Dazzler and Deadpool first appeared in X-Men related books.

The only reason Longshot got on the X-Men was that his creator was an editor of the X-Men books at the time.

Oh I see. Longshot has never been a mutant actually. But isn't he a product of the Mojoverse? That's strongly tied to the X-Men mainly thanks to the X-Babies. This Marvel rights Venn diagram is as convoluted as the X-Men movie continuity. 

• Like 1

I will never get the appeal of Deadpool.

R-rated cross between Spider-Man and Hit-Girl who constantly breaks the fourth wall and lampoons everything from his superhero universe to real life pop culture and situations. Could be very appealing especially if played by someone as impassioned about the character as Ryan Reynolds. Of course, general audiences actually wanting to watch a RR Deadpool movie is a whole other issue. :D

Oh I see. Longshot has never been a mutant actually. But isn't he a product of the Mojoverse? That's strongly tied to the X-Men mainly thanks to the X-Babies. This Marvel rights Venn diagram is as convoluted as the X-Men movie continuity. 

Actually, since Chris Claremont made X-Men cool, "convoluted" and "X-Men" go hand in hand so that's pretty appropriate.

And, for the record, I hate the Mojoverse-X-Babies crap. I really wish they had done the Longshot regular series in 1988 so he could have shown he was more than just a "super hot" airhead. If no one has read the Longshot mini series, I highly suggest you do. His simple outlook on things was way exaggerated by Claremont into full blown naivety. He sort of brought him back a bit at the end of his run on X-Men, but for the most of it, he was merely used as comic relief, worse than he ever did with Nightcrawler.

• Like 1

I will never get the appeal of Deadpool.

Comedic blend of Spider-Man and Wolverine. Derivative, sure, but what's not to like? Joe Kelly transformed him into something awesome. Before that, bleh.