Noctis

How tough will it be for the remakes?

Although I would like to see a new (yet still very faithful) take on the series, what do you think will be the biggest hurdle for them?I think the casting will be incredibly hard to top. Casting Harry, obviously, will be immensely hard. Hermione, too, since Emma was perfect for her and strikingly similar even in person. Rupert is very easily replaceable to me. Looks ugly. But the adult cast will be so hard to top. Alan Rickman as Snape, Maggie Smith as McGonagall, etc.But there are also scenes that are so perfect and not in the books that it will be tough to live up to them. For instance, scenes like Harry/Hermione dancing, Slughorn's story, Malfoy in the RoR, the force field + statues protection, Buckbeak's flight, In Noctem, etc will be impossible to top.

I don't think it'll ever be as good, or the same. It just wouldn't have the same impact on me, like, at all. Even if they had the most amazing cast ever because you can never replace the original...not for something like Potter. I'd want the old cast back. Especially Emma.

Edited by Heretic

It'll be remade, not for awhile but it will be. Some crazed executive (or film director) will have a vision that they can easily make an amazing series for HP and do then try and make it.What i wouldn't mind seeing is a TV show, with each year being a season :) Now that would be awesome as!

The generation who would care wouldn't come back.It needs to be planned to a fault, so now as a film series, it'd be much more intelligent so to speak.No matter what you think, the trio especially and Felton aged well, in the sense they weren't just horrible actors a la Twilight, so even if they may not have been absolutely Oscar worthy I think it's going to be very difficult to find children who'll age as well. You could have one do so and the others not and it'd be a massive failure.

• Community Manager

It'll be remade, not for awhile but it will be. Some crazed executive (or film director) will have a vision that they can easily make an amazing series for HP and do then try and make it.What i wouldn't mind seeing is a TV show, with each year being a season :) Now that would be awesome as!

Personally I would love a TV series that follows Harry's parents as they go through Hogwarts, the rise of Tom Voldemort, the love triangle between Snape-Lily-James (that's his name right? James?).

I think the supporting cast is going to be the main issue. When I read the books, I picture most of the Hogwarts staff, as well as the Weasleys as the movie characters. The trio, on the other hand, will be somewhat easier to replace, though Emma was the most spot on of the three.

I'd hope they reuse a few of the themes though. Hedwig's Theme A and B, namely, and I'd love to see Lily's Theme as the emotional backbone for the entire series. It could slowly establish a sense of mystery throughout, with the catharsis finally coming in the last film

I really don't think they will ever remake this series. I mean almost all of them have declined in attendance and that is with new books being released alongside the first 5-6 films.The books won't be as popular as they are now and since this series needs a huge production commitment, I don't think they would remake it, nor do I ever want them to.