grim22

Weekend Estimates: Thor TDW 86.1M, Ender 10.25, Free Birds 11.2, Grav 8.4, BG 11.3, Last Vegas 11.1

The big elephant in the room is that superhero movies have already reached its apex and there s not always room for growth.

Numbers done by TDK,TDKR, Superman 89, Avengers, Iron Man1.2. 3, the first 2 Spidey Raimi movies, replicating this magnitude of success is very tough to do.

Actually there have been many peaks:

Superman

Batman

Spider-Man

TDK

Avengers

And they are all very similar when you consider actual attendance. SH films are not dying, they are simply continuing.

• Like 1

I have to remember that one..."significant anecdotal evidence"...easiest way to throw out any need for actual proof.

(Just messin' with ya, Shawman) :P

I have seen multiple folks across the board who liked avengers hated this. Plus with mediocre reviews its not going to pull in general audience.

I suck at this and so I could be wrong. But I dont mind extrapolating at this point. I will admit failure if it shows good legs. I anyway thought its not making more than 2.5x and now I just reduced it to 2.3x. Its not that much of a stretch. Legs are getting progressively worse. IM3 had similar legs and It had better reception than Thor 2 for sure.

Actually there have been many peaks:

Superman

Batman

Spider-Man

TDK

Avengers

And they are all very similar when you consider actual attendance. SH films are not dying, they are simply continuing.

Superhero movie fatigue will happen when WB starts making non Batman-Superman movies that don't suck.

Edited by Fancyarcher
  • Like 1

I try not to. Iron Man came out at exactly the right time in 2008.

Right, exactly the right time...after X-Men and Spider-Man had paved the way for it.

Edited by Accursed Arachnid!™
  • Like 1

The biggest superhero of the year is female, ,has a bow, has guts, heart and courage in spades, so much that it would make blush the entire Avengers team.

Katniss a superhero?

:lol:

Edited by Fancyarcher
  • Like 1

The biggest superhero of the year is female, ,has a bow, has guts, heart and courage in spades, so much that it would make blush the entire Avengers team.

Katniss will own this year... maybe.

I'm gonna sound like a tool, but, "She doesn't have super powers". :P

• Like 2

I don't think WOM for Thor 2 is bad at all- most people seem to like it better than the first and IM3. I know I did, and I saw several Twitter and Facebook friends who agree. Even if it's not brilliant, its certainly non offensive and entertaining enough to have solid WOM

• Like 2