TLK

Deadline Saturday Estimates: BD1 7.2, Muppets 5.1,...

I think Dragon Tattoo will be the surprise of December. It has sold twice as many books in the US as the hunger games I believe. I also think quality will play in as well. At any rate it has a chance to be the 3rd biggest rated R film of the year

Ha,ha,ha,ha, I was right about $17 mio when stupid Variety posted $14-15 mio, lol! Passing DH1 is a lock, sorry Noctis, love ya but lets get real. You`ll get retaliation next year cause no way BD2 passes DH2. Not with the competition like 2012`s and no 3D though I doubt 3D would have pushed it over either. The comptition is just mindblowing as is the whole 2012. But it`ll pass Bond and TA. :P Anyway, $296 mio is a big reality and $300 mio is still an achievable goal for BD1.

Ha,ha,ha,ha, I was right about $17 mio when stupid Variety posted $14-15 mio, lol! Passing DH1 is a lock, sorry Noctis, love ya but lets get real. You`ll get retaliation next year cause no way BD2 passes DH2. Not with the competition like 2012`s and no 3D though I doubt 3D would have pushed it over either. The comptition is just mindblowing as is the whole 2012. But it`ll pass Bond and TA. :P Anyway, $296 mio is a big reality and $300 mio is still an achievable goal for BD1.

This franchise might not even have one over 300,531,000m movie.

This franchise might not even have one over 300,531,000m movie.

You people just don`t understand Twihards. Unlike Potheads who are the most highmaintenance fans out there, Twihards are just happy to see Edward and Bella smooch and Jacob flash his abs. So you give them that, they`ll flock to the movie kazillions of times. hence BD`1s great hold. Try the trick with Ringers, Potheads and Star Wars fans and see what happens. Or don`t considering the budget of those movies. :P

You people just don`t understand Twihards. Unlike Potheads who are the most highmaintenance fans out there, Twihards are just happy to see Edward and Bella smooch and Jacob flash his abs. So you give them that, they`ll flock to the movie kazillions of times. hence BD`1s great hold. Try the trick with Ringers, Potheads and Star Wars fans and see what happens. Or don`t considering the budget of those movies. :P

I am not saying it's bad thing, but the chance of jumping as high as DH2 is like out of this world for this franchise. 3 movies already are seperated by 4-5m. BD2 will likely make between 290-310m.

Potheads? you mean Alien fans? ;)

BD2 is nearly locked to pass that.

Nope,sorry. It has to fend off holdover Skyfall and women do watch Bond so after the intitial OMG Out of This World opening repeat business may spread between different movies. Also, don`t forget that Jakesmee isn`t as popular as Bedward. Plus, Gravity a week later, Les Mis on Dec 7 and TH:AUJ on 14th. It`s much tougher competition than BD1 had and BD1 also had the part of the book fans were more interested to see. Nevertheless, it`s gonna win November and pass TA.
  • Like 1

Nope,sorry. It has to fend off holdover Skyfall and women do watch Bond so after the intitial OMG Out of This World opening repeat business may spread between different movies. Also, don`t forget that Jakesmee isn`t as popular as Bedward. Plus, Gravity a week later, Les Mis on Dec 7 and TH:AUJ on 14th. It`s much tougher competition than BD1 had and BD1 also had the part of the book fans were more interested to see. Nevertheless, it`s gonna win November and pass TA.

Why the hate for TA?

Two years ago with Avatar, Alvin,and Sherlock. All 3 nearly broke 50M for the weekend.

Yeah, that was a great weekend to follow the box office. Sadly, I don't think Sherlock and Alvin can match that again. And no, BD2 will not beat The Avengers. Edited by FilmBuff