TLK

Deadline Saturday Estimates: BD1 7.2, Muppets 5.1,...

why should drop in the 25% range? INMHO families will continue to support Hugo and AC. The hard competition really killed Muppets chance to 100m.

because it a superb family film..Hugo looks boring IMO

I think scheduling has been awful and that is the reason for subpar showing of family movies. All of them opened at the same time s much so that Hugo had to reduce its screen counts and stagger its opening. Five movies are to open on 21st and a couple of them will definitely get lost considering Alvin and SH2 will open 5 days earlier. Movies like The Darkest Hour and Dragon Tattoo should've opened either this weekend or the next one not on the 21st.

Maybe the Muppets is doing exactly what history indicates it should. The Muppets hasn't been popular for decades. So now this looks like there is a renewed interest but a reserved one. If this is as good as were being told it is then the sequel will be huge. I don't think competition is really hurting it. Hugo is not a kids movie an AC isn't doing well either. As for BD1funny enuf it opened to around 8%less than NM and its making about 8% more. 300 is not dead at all.

Too many family movies to choose from for Muppets to have held better. The marketing campaign might well have made it first choice for most families last weekend, but whilst WOM is apparently excellent, so it also is for both Hugo and Arthur Christmas. Happy Feet is in there as well. If anything, this is our biggest indicator yet of the impending Misson Impossible, Tintin, Dragon Tattoo disaster. TOO MANY RELEASES

Too many family movies to choose from for Muppets to have held better.The marketing campaign might well have made it first choice for most families last weekend, but whilst WOM is apparently excellent, so it also is for both Hugo and Arthur Christmas. Happy Feet is in there as well.If anything, this is our biggest indicator yet of the impending Misson Impossible, Tintin, Dragon Tattoo disaster.TOO MANY RELEASES

Way to many releases.. And none of them breaks out... Hmmmm

wow... the muppets have fallen a bit.. thats a pretty big collapse compared to other thanksgiving family openers (such as enchanted or even tangled which opened a lot bigger)Looking at some comparisons on where this might be heading...Enchanted (well obvious) got to 127m but made a 16m at the same point and was at 70m.Four Christmases got to 120m but made 16.7m and 69m at the same point.Unbreakable (yeah ok not same genre) got to 95m but made 14m (66m running total)correct me if i'm wrong but by sunday the muppets will make about 11m ? and a runnign total of 56m. Unbreakable had a very non family type run from this point on, but the muppets seems to be collapsing here... 100m does appear gone, but it's 100% sure yet.. next weekends hold will tell us for sure. - 20% it's back in a chance, and 40% or more and it's gone.I'm thinking around 80m maybe 90m finish for muppets at this stage.surprisingly better for BD1. i expected a heavier drop this weekend. 300m is totally gone but i think 290m appears where it's heading still.

Maybe the Muppets is doing exactly what history indicates it should. The Muppets hasn't been popular for decades. So now this looks like there is a renewed interest but a reserved one. If this is as good as were being told it is then the sequel will be huge. I don't think competition is really hurting it. Hugo is not a kids movie an AC isn't doing well either. As for BD1funny enuf it opened to around 8%less than NM and its making about 8% more. 300 is not dead at all.

i agree 300m isn't dead, but it's on life support... BD1 will still need to make a further 8m back up after this weekend is gone. before it thinks about 300m. (it still trails new moon remember, so this is a start but it's got some way to go before 300m becomes a better chance again).- jajang