ecstasy

Wednesday Numbers 11/13/2013-Thor 2 Mighty Drop $3,565,731

So I am not the only one who thinks that Marvel will burn itself out in a couple of years at the volume they are churning out movies ?

They release 2 movies a year. They just happen to attract a lot of attention. There is nothing wrong in terms of 'volume'

Edited by sdeezy
  • Like 4

QFT, I have yet to see such a talentless and misleading champaign. Hell trailers cut from material that is not in a movie on 20-30% at least! They changed the course of advertising after the second trailed and all that "Loki solo movie" crap that polluted web due to group of very vocal minority.

LOL Well damn.

They release 2 movies a year. They just happen to attract a lot of attention. There is nothing wrong in terms of 'volume'

Two movies a year is not a problem as long as everything isn't connected back to The Avengers.

So I am not the only one who thinks that Marvel will burn itself out in a couple of years at the volume they are churning out movies ?

Maybe... Until I see multiple films decrease WW, I don't believe it. Marvel will just revamp/reboot some popular material and soldier on. But, in all honestly, I imagine all comic book superheroes will burn themselves out within the next decade or so. What do people expect Thor 2 to gross WW?

Two movies a year is not a problem as long as everything isn't connected back to The Avengers.

They're connected but they work very well as standalone movies as well. A lot of people who saw the Avengers didnt see most of the Phase 1 movies, but it doesn't subtract from their enjoyment. IM3 and Thor 2 honestly work just fine on their own. 

• Like 1

Maybe... Until I see multiple films decrease WW, I don't believe it. Marvel will just revamp/reboot some popular material and soldier on. But, in all honestly, I imagine all comic book superheroes will burn themselves out within the next decade or so. What do people expect Thor 2 to gross WW?

600-610 right now. At the beginning I had it at 650+ but now not a chance.

Just look at X-Men. Just keep churning 'em out. X-Men, X2, X-Men United, Origins: Wolverine, X-Men: First Class, Wolverine and Days of Future Past just around the bend. If that series still banks enough greenbacks to keep going, Marvel, with MUCH more profitable films to date, ain't going anywhere anytime soon.

• Like 4

Just look at X-Men. Just keep churning 'em out. X-Men, X2, X-Men United, Origins: Wolverine, X-Men: First Class, Wolverine and Days of Future Past just around the bend. If that series still banks enough greenbacks to keep going, Marvel, with MUCH more profitable films to date, ain't going anywhere anytime soon.

Voice of reason.

Scarlett Johansson is a much a draw as Tom Hiddleston is as Loki (if not less).

Scarlett Johansson, sure, but the character adds appeal to the Marvel universe.

I think it's extremely likely that Thor 2's second weekend falls under its predecessor's now:

Thu: 3.4 -5%

Fri: 9.2 +170%

Sat: 15.2 +65%

Sun: 9.9 -35%

W/E: 34.3 -60%

Looks pretty fair. I hope friday is a bit higher

I think it's extremely likely that Thor 2's second weekend falls under its predecessor's now:

Thu: 3.4 -5%

Fri: 9.2 +170%

Sat: 15.2 +65%

Sun: 9.9 -35%

W/E: 34.3 -60%

Most people expected it to drop more than the first.

It's still going to increase b.o. wise from the first.

Basically, I think they dropped the ball on Thor2 with the "space" storyline. Thor1 had appeal for general audiences in that we could relate to the conflicts - basically, a dysfunctional family. Plus there was the fish-out-of-water element which always adds a fun element. Thor2 has some plot to destroy the universe (which might work if it wasn't a comedy) but the emorional conflicts are absent or underplayed. The same happened to IM1/IM2 by the way, IM1 had a very vulnerable Tony Stark recovering from his fear and pain; in IM2 there was no further character development for Tony other than kissing Pepper. It's really the rare movie that can draw you in without a character storyline.