Films

Weekend estimates:Thor 2 $38.4m, TBMH $30.6m

Nikki and Mason would post Saturday estimates and than last year Rth started with TA but so far this year we're lucky if get something by early Sunday morning. 

Yeah. It's been a dry spell. I guess we'll see early sat estimates next weekend when CF comes out.

Opening day has to be 90 million for 180 million + ^^

People will say otherwise but opening day includes previews.

We have not seen a super buzzed film open with previews and I think it just leads to a bigger opening day.

That would almost be a duplicated of THG opening weekend. 

It will open slightly higher, but I see this one playing well through the end of the year. The logjam at the end of the year is bad for all movies involved though. I feel that Hobbit 2 will be the movie hit the most due to that.

Personally I am expecting 160-165M OW. Maybe 27M previews, 48M Friday, 50M Saturday and 38M Sunday. 

Thats exactly what I'm predicting, maybe a little less in previews. I think US is already supersaturated with not much room to increase. Overseas a different story, lots of room to increase opening weekend :)

Thats exactly what I'm predicting, maybe a little less in previews. I think US is already supersaturated with not much room to increase. Overseas a different story, lots of room to increase opening weekend :)

I am mainly going from a "It would have been 180M+ if it was in 3D" standpoint.

If it would have had a 50% 3D share, that means a loss of 27M, so subtracting that from what I feel it would have made in 3D, I came to the 160-165 figure.

Lionsgate 'Hunger Games: Catching Fire' starts global rollout in Brazil - $2.4M Friday or 3x first movie. Domestic wkd ests  $150M-$185M.

Did Kal take over Nikki's twitter feed?  That's a funny range for it to open to.  lol

• Like 1