Dementeleus

Nov 22-24 #s CF: $158,074,286 actual | Dark Knight triumphant after all

What I'm noticing is that there are pockets of activity, even within the region. Some theaters are doing well, many others aren't as much. I'm certainly not seeing a huge storm surge here, although obviously it's doing well, as any 130m+ movie would do.

What do you mean no huge storm surge??

Did you miss "Storm Watch" after .26 inches of rain

http://youtu.be/iBlDU8e7om0

• Like 2

Crap business in Denver

Yes there definitely is judging by my local theaters. My IMAX marathon showing was only 60% full last night. And there weren't many people lined up for the midnight either when I got out. It may be because we're in the midst of our first real snow of the season this weekend and the temperature literally went from shorts weather earlier this week to downright freezing now.

Edited by MovieMan89

To be honest it makes sense CF wouldn't be as frontloaded as the Potter and Twilight sequels. Think about the audience that saw THG. It was just as many adults as kids and teens. Unlike Potter or Twilight. Adults aren't going to rush out to see CF, but they still will probably see it. If I'm just trying to make excuses for it I'll accept that when it's DOM total is way under THG, but until that happens I don't believe this will fall much short or short at all of THG in the end.

This is what denial looks like.
  • Like 1