Dementeleus

Nov 22-24 #s CF: $158,074,286 actual | Dark Knight triumphant after all

Twilight, Harry Potter and Hunger Games. All of them performed better in the Summer and March than in November. It is a FACT.

Outside of DH2, the final gross differences between summer and November releases was very slight.

If MJ1 is moved to the summer and beats CF, I'll agree with you.  :lol:

http://ca.omg.yahoo.com/news/lions-gate-shares-hit-debut-hunger-games-sequel-162604558--finance.html

Distributor Lions Gate Entertainment Corp's shares fell as much as 8.5 percent after the "The Hunger Games: Catching Fire" failed to match the sky-high expectations of some box office forecasters despite a chart-topping domestic debut.

The second installment in the series starring Jennifer Lawrence as Katniss Everdeen, the skilled archer who becomes a beacon of hope for the oppressed residents of the fictional nation of Panem, opened to a box office of $161 million in the United States and Canada — a record for November.

The U.S. debut came in below the levels of the most bullish box office forecasters, Wunderlich Securities analyst Matthew Harrigan wrote in a note.

The sequel, however, topped the $152.5 million opening weekend for the first "Hunger Games" movie in March 2012.

"When you have an estimate that sets the expectation level at $180 million and the movie actually comes in at $160 million, despite the fact that is a very significantly large number, there could be some disappointment," Ascendiant Capital Markets analyst Marla Backer told Reuters.

It is the movie's international performance which will really matter to Lions Gate's results and enable it to raise their outlook, Stifel, Nicolaus & Co analyst Benjamin Mogil wrote in a note.

The movie grossed $307.7 million around the world.

Wow. Wall Street really had crazy expectations then. Guess this forum's members are not the only people who ratchet up expectations.

WHERE IS PUNISHMENT OR E?

Make the actuals thread!

Hey Ed. Glad to see you recovered.

I can't make the thread because I won't have time to keep it updated.  I've been slacking at work and now I have to make up for lost time, lol.

• Like 1

On NBC Sunday Night Football,  (Broncos-Patriots) earned a preliminary 8.8 down 3 percent from last week's preliminary 9.1 adults 18-49 rating.

On FOX, Football (Cowboys/Giants) notched a preliminary 7.3 adults 18-49 rating. 

The American Music Awards hit a 4.5, up 32 percent from last year’s 3.4 adults 18-49 rating, and ranking as a four year high for the telecast.

Wow no wonder it dropped so much, huge football ratings for the guys and older folks, and American Music Awards for the girls and younger people.

• Like 1

Only in crazy expectations world is an $155M OW and beating the 1st movie considered "bad" by anyone. :lol:  *sigh*  That's why I hate sky-high predictions by anyone.  Be it on here or from the industry.  They're almost never met and always cloud the perception of the actual reality when all is said and done.

• Like 1

A counter argument to that is that Bond will steal a lot of the attention from the GA, since it'll be the first Bond movie in a few years, as opposed to "yet another Hunger Games movie".

i really hope thats the case :D

BRIAN IS DEAD WTF! I thought it was going to be rectified, but they already replaced it and Seth says it is official and he won't return. FUCK Family Guy.

Posted Image

He will be back. The episode tried to be emotional and all, but it just could not. It is like when South Park finally killed Kenny, they brought him back a season later.
  • Like 1

Only in crazy expectations world is an $155M OW and beating the 1st movie considered "bad" by anyone. :lol:  *sigh*  That's why I hate sky-high predictions by anyone.  Be it on here or from the industry.  They're almost never met and always cloud the perception of the actual reality when all is said and done.

It's like Apple stock after a keynote or product announcement. :lol: