Dementeleus

Nov 22-24 #s CF: $158,074,286 actual | Dark Knight triumphant after all

It actually doesn't... (Avengers).

Sorry, Ed. :lol:

It is very close between TA, SM3, and TDK. I tend to lean towards SM3 of the bunch, but TDK also had far fewer screens than either of them. In terms of demand vs. supply, that one was more packed than anything in recent years. SM1 from 2002 tops them all though in terms of demand vs. supply (only 7500 screens).

• Founder / Operator

Why not? I mean, isn't admissions the true measure of a movie's popularity?

Because Hollywood is scared to death to let anyone know *for sure* just how much ticket sales have slid in recent decades (and will probably continue to).

• Like 4

Interesting reading to see how fans react to certain things. Joy at "beating" other "competing franchises" (Iron Man and Batman are in competition with HG somehow?) Then when it doesn't happen, the search for a way to declare a "victory". That is often a retreat to "admissions". Fans are quick to jump on that one if they can. I can't help but notice that fans never seem interested in bringing up "admissions" of past movies that actually had more ticket sales but were only beaten by the fan's movie due to inflation. ...And ticket buyers don't have a choice with inflation like they do with 3D. You can't select "1985 prices" when you go to the movies today.Seems to me that Hunger Games is huge...but it's not going to get any bigger with the public.

BOO!!! The Brady Manning bowl should have been the most viewed Sunday game of the season

Isn't it normally a game featuring the Cowboys?

• Founder / Operator

Has that been proven? 

Awhile back, several of us had some breakdowns on the Mojo forums. I'm not sure if I still have them written down anywhere, but maybe someone here does?

It's not a runaway by any means, but Avengers was just high enough to unofficially break the tie between TDK and SM3 as I recall.

• Like 1